10-year-old boy involved in police Chase - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

10-year-old boy involved in police Chase

Moderator: Football Moderators

10-year-old boy involved in police Chase

Postby sox 06 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:31 am

Even though the bus wasn't going that fast, situations like this are still scary :-o
DUMAS, Ark. - A 10-year-old boy was arrested after taking a school bus and leading police on a 70-kilometre chase along a rural highway, according to police.

School officials spotted lights coming from the bus yard around 11 p.m. Friday, and reported the bus stolen. Officers from three counties, four towns and the Arkansas State Police began chasing the bus and its driver.

Despite road spikes set up to slow the bus, the vehicle kept travelling north toward Little Rock along U.S. 65 through Desha and Lincoln counties, then into Jefferson county.

"Be advised, he missed them all. We're now coming into town. Speed's at 25 miles an hour (40 kilometres an hour)," officers said over a radio scanner.

About 70 kilometres later, the bus slowed down enough for a sheriff's deputy to make the stop in Pine Bluff, and officers discovered their suspect was a child.

They cuffed the boy and took him into custody, then later released him to his parents. It wasn't known whether the child would face charges.

School officials said he had been part of a group caught on camera trying to pull the same prank last month, according to KATV television station in Little Rock, Ark.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10-year-old boy involved in police Chase

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:56 am

Holy crap!!!! :-o 8-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SJNez46 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:42 am

:-o that is scary. I heard a story like this about an 11 year old girl, who lealldl police through 3 counties, at 80 MPH, before getting caught. These stories are scary.
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:15 am

How do the police miss with spike strips on a freaking school bus? 8-o

And what's with all the kilometres stuff from a news story out of Arkansas? It's the more British use of metres over meter too. :-?
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:37 am

OK, so the bus missed road spikes. That is pretty stupid unless it was a really rural area with fields on each side and he was offroading or something.

And why did it say that the bus was going 25 MPH but the sheriff was able to overtake it when it "slowed down". Man, Arkansas really needs to increase its budget for law enforcement vehicles.

School officials said he had been part of a group caught on camera trying to pull the same prank last month, according to KATV television station in Little Rock, Ark.

Ummmmm....... wouldn't you think that after one attempt, they would tighten up security. At least do something like, oh I dunno, lock up the keys. :-*

And what is up these days with the police going WAY too far. I mean, they cuffed a 10-YEAR OLD KID!!!!!! At least they didn't taze him, but come on man, where is it going to stop. What's the kid going to do, fight back? 8-o

:-B
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:16 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
And what is up these days with the police going WAY too far. I mean, they cuffed a 10-YEAR OLD KID!!!!!! At least they didn't taze him, but come on man, where is it going to stop. What's the kid going to do, fight back? 8-o

Teach that little kid not to rob a school bus? Cops are going too far, stupid kids are. No respect these days. Granted I am not a big fan of the po in most of my daily situations with them, but I still got respect for elders and the law. Just some stuff I could do, but would never do out of respect.

Edit-BUT! I have seen cops take a situation too far at a party during some high school parties. :-t

Mod edit-LAST CHANCE TIKI
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:20 pm

Tiki wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Teach that little kid not to rob a school bus? Cops are going too far, stupid kids are. No respect these days. Granted I am not a big fan of the po in most of my daily situations with them, but I still got respect for elders and the law. Just some stuff I could do, but would never do out of respect.

I was being sarcastic in lieu of all the recent tazing incidents. Thus the :-B

Mod edit as well

Sorry
Last edited by joelamosobadiah on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:21 pm

I never get these damned smilies. Okay than! ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk