GC: Dallas @ Buffalo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Postby bagobonez » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:36 am

Dallas' defense has now allowed only 3 points to opposing offenses over the last 8 quarters. The Rams scored 7 but that 7 came on a punt return TD. The Bills scored 24 and 21 of those points came from INT's and a kick return. Dallas' D is dominating! Granted the Rams and BIlls don't exactly have the most prolific offenses in the NFL, but...
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Re: GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:39 am

steelerfan513 wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:Bills have no offense..they need to get Lossman back (as bad as he is) because Trent is not very good.


23-31 for 176 and 1 INT isn't god-awful. He had a good completion percentage and for the most part made good decisions. I don't see a reason to rush Losman back because Edwards has filled in and played at least servicably, and for a rookie he has looked good.



come on, we're steeler fans...we're supposse to agree on things. GEEZ! Jk LOL

I hear ya...and come to think of it, maybe the Bills should keep him in and see what he has because they really have nothing to lose.
...sleep with one eye open
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2139
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:01 am

Just watched the higlight reel on NFL.com before work since I had to listen to the game on the radio and every single play on the reel is either special teams or Dallas has the ball. Yeah, the Bills offense sucks.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Postby Guru13 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:23 am

anyone else havin' trouble with ESPN, they've got my points for Dallas too low, because they didn't give up 24 points they only gave up 10...and I've lost....and this would make it really close.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Postby niblet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:01 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:anyone else havin' trouble with ESPN, they've got my points for Dallas too low, because they didn't give up 24 points they only gave up 10...and I've lost....and this would make it really close.

Yes, that cost me my game as well. I don't think it's a mistake, that's just the way they do it. I know, bad rule.
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 456
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I-O-W-A

Re: GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Postby bobshope » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:31 pm

My condolences to Bills fans. Most of you're team played great and you should have won.
bobshope
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 234
Joined: 9 May 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:57 pm

bobshope wrote:My condolences to Bills fans. Most of you're team played great and you should have won.
All they needed was an offense and it wouldn't have been close.

Bills fans should not hang their heads after last night, they came out and played some inspired football for a team that was 1-3 going into the game as a heavy underdog. Get an offense and that defense and special teams can help carry them to some good wins this season.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Postby mattp987 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:36 pm

niblet wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:anyone else havin' trouble with ESPN, they've got my points for Dallas too low, because they didn't give up 24 points they only gave up 10...and I've lost....and this would make it really close.

Yes, that cost me my game as well. I don't think it's a mistake, that's just the way they do it. I know, bad rule.



yeah this totally screws me...and is why I lost. Only 3 points we're scored against the defense...the others we're defensive touchdowns...this really doesn't make any sense and they should do something to remedy it for future games. How can a teams Defense stop scores when they are on the bench...
Image
Props to anx2a77 for the sig
mattp987
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 790
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:03 pm

mattp987 wrote:
niblet wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:anyone else havin' trouble with ESPN, they've got my points for Dallas too low, because they didn't give up 24 points they only gave up 10...and I've lost....and this would make it really close.

Yes, that cost me my game as well. I don't think it's a mistake, that's just the way they do it. I know, bad rule.



yeah this totally screws me...and is why I lost. Only 3 points we're scored against the defense...the others we're defensive touchdowns...this really doesn't make any sense and they should do something to remedy it for future games. How can a teams Defense stop scores when they are on the bench...


In some systems XP's are counted against the team defense even if the TD wasn't. And in some scoring systems special teams TD's are counted against them. In some really sucky ones, everything is scored against them.

I have some leagues with all of those scoring options.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 17:42 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact