GC: Dallas @ Buffalo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Dallas @ Buffalo

Postby bagobonez » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:36 am

Dallas' defense has now allowed only 3 points to opposing offenses over the last 8 quarters. The Rams scored 7 but that 7 came on a punt return TD. The Bills scored 24 and 21 of those points came from INT's and a kick return. Dallas' D is dominating! Granted the Rams and BIlls don't exactly have the most prolific offenses in the NFL, but...
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:39 am

steelerfan513 wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:Bills have no offense..they need to get Lossman back (as bad as he is) because Trent is not very good.

23-31 for 176 and 1 INT isn't god-awful. He had a good completion percentage and for the most part made good decisions. I don't see a reason to rush Losman back because Edwards has filled in and played at least servicably, and for a rookie he has looked good.

come on, we're steeler fans...we're supposse to agree on things. GEEZ! Jk LOL

I hear ya...and come to think of it, maybe the Bills should keep him in and see what he has because they really have nothing to lose.
...sleep with one eye open
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:01 am

Just watched the higlight reel on NFL.com before work since I had to listen to the game on the radio and every single play on the reel is either special teams or Dallas has the ball. Yeah, the Bills offense sucks.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:23 am

anyone else havin' trouble with ESPN, they've got my points for Dallas too low, because they didn't give up 24 points they only gave up 10...and I've lost....and this would make it really close.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby niblet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:01 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:anyone else havin' trouble with ESPN, they've got my points for Dallas too low, because they didn't give up 24 points they only gave up 10...and I've lost....and this would make it really close.

Yes, that cost me my game as well. I don't think it's a mistake, that's just the way they do it. I know, bad rule.
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bobshope » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:31 pm

My condolences to Bills fans. Most of you're team played great and you should have won.
bobshope
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:57 pm

bobshope wrote:My condolences to Bills fans. Most of you're team played great and you should have won.
All they needed was an offense and it wouldn't have been close.

Bills fans should not hang their heads after last night, they came out and played some inspired football for a team that was 1-3 going into the game as a heavy underdog. Get an offense and that defense and special teams can help carry them to some good wins this season.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby mattp987 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:36 pm

niblet wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:anyone else havin' trouble with ESPN, they've got my points for Dallas too low, because they didn't give up 24 points they only gave up 10...and I've lost....and this would make it really close.

Yes, that cost me my game as well. I don't think it's a mistake, that's just the way they do it. I know, bad rule.

yeah this totally screws me...and is why I lost. Only 3 points we're scored against the defense...the others we're defensive touchdowns...this really doesn't make any sense and they should do something to remedy it for future games. How can a teams Defense stop scores when they are on the bench...
Props to anx2a77 for the sig
mattp987
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:03 pm

mattp987 wrote:
niblet wrote:

yeah this totally screws me...and is why I lost. Only 3 points we're scored against the defense...the others we're defensive touchdowns...this really doesn't make any sense and they should do something to remedy it for future games. How can a teams Defense stop scores when they are on the bench...

In some systems XP's are counted against the team defense even if the TD wasn't. And in some scoring systems special teams TD's are counted against them. In some really sucky ones, everything is scored against them.

I have some leagues with all of those scoring options.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting