Help! Conflict Resolution Needed! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Help! Conflict Resolution Needed!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help! Conflict Resolution Needed!

Postby gravyfries » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:27 pm

Someone in my league made the boneheaded mistake of accidentally dropping a player instead of putting him in the starting lineup. It was his starting quarterback, Hasselbeck. Someone else immediately picked him up. As Commish, what should I do?

Give him back
Let it stand
Let the league vote on it?
gravyfries
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help! Conflict Resolution Needed!

Postby Tiki » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:13 pm

I'd say give 'im back! But, if your not the forgiving type try a league vote. ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:24 pm

What site is this on? I find it very hard to believe all of these accidental drops. Most sites have 1 or 2 screens you have to go through before a player is dropped
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby gravyfries » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:04 pm

It was on ESPN. What happened is that he selected something from a drop-down list and then scrolled down the page and hit submit. When he scrolled down I think he was still controlling the drop-down list, if that makes sense.

Still a bonehead move...
gravyfries
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:47 am

If it was a legit mistake, he should have immediately communicated the error to you. If so, I would have no problem giving Hass back to the guy that dropped him, but I would make it effective in week 6. Issues like this have to be dealt with before kickoff on Sunday. If nothing was said before kickoff, I would probably have to say live and learn.

If this is a HTH league, what were the outcomes of the games involving these two owners? Would having Hass, or not having him, make a difference to their games?

In any event, I don't think you can go back and change the rosters and alter the outcome of the week 5 results.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Tusin » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:07 pm

I play on espn. And here is the thing, and why I say no to giving him back. When you bench a player and hit submit, it happens right after you press the button. If you drop a player it asks you to confirm AFTER to hit submit. So he would have had to click the scroll menu and select drop, press the Submit Roster button, then on the next screen press the Confirm Button. It is a 3 step process as oppsosed to a 2 step. Pretty obvious.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RCR » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:18 pm

In all fairness, it happened twice in our league last year (ESPN) because if you don't click out of the "highlighted" box the menu will scroll to DROP when you scroll the page. Newer players have been warned about this in our league(hasn't happened yet this year) but if you were sure you had clicked BENCH instead of DROP that one extra screen might not alert you, especially if it's 3 minutes to kick-off!
RCR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ironcityboy88 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:54 pm

The dropped player (hasselbeck) should have went on waivers, stopping teams from picking him up "right away"...if the team owners contacted the commish right away, then I would let him have him back.
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Tusin » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:48 pm

Still vote no to giving him the player back. Tell him (and the league) to learn to read and pay attention to what you are doing. On ESPN Dropping a player is still a 2 step process.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Commissioner's Corner