Rex Romo. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Rex Romo.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rex Romo.

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:20 pm

FatFoot wrote:LOL! That's exactly the kind of BS reasoning Bears fans tried to convince themselves of with Rex. Romo's obviously a better QB than Grossman, but 6 turnovers by Romo is not the kind of thing you wash away with "resilience."

right, and surely any qb who struggles will most definately end up being benched at some point huh...romo is still a young qb, hasnt started a full season, and is learning still so he will make those mistakes...to call him grossman is very overblown, reason being, when grossman blew all those games he never won any of them, devin hester did, the defense did, i cant remember any games grossman turned the ball over 5 or more times that he pulled it together, drove the bears down the field twice to put them back ahead, it was always the other way around...

I think people got excited with this game and wanted to make a big deal out of it, which is fine, but i think people love to overreact to things all the time, if romo has a great game he's the next aikman, if he has a bad game he's the next grossman, people dont want to just let things play out and stop assuming things that no one really knows...romo is not in the same class as manning or brady or palmer, his stats were and I think thats why people got so worked up, but he's not on the level of those qbs yet, so your not going to see romo go 16 games without having a game here and there where he doesnt have it together, but you guys do know that he would be on a 1 out of every 5 game average of playing bad, which is only 3 losses a season, im sure anyone would be happy with a qb that can lead you to a 13-3 record, and once the playoffs start, well as we all know thats a whole different story then with how you play in the regular season, so we can assess that when it gets there...But everyone so quick to jump the gun on romo are just fooling themselves, its usually fans of teams who dont have a better option
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:17 pm

You're reading a lot more into this than there is. I'm just poking a bit of fun, since the Cowboys fans are the biggest cheerleaders on this site.

If you even read what was posted, no one is giving up on Romo. It was an aberration, by a very good young QB, who has probably been playing a bit better than he can keep up, so far this year. It would be nice if you would read, rather than trying to put words in my mouth, bro. Nice parting shot and all that cheese... but you really REALLY can't make a Bears fan feel bad about his QB situation... we haven't had a QB in over a decade. :P
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:37 pm

FatFoot wrote:You're reading a lot more into this than there is. I'm just poking a bit of fun, since the Cowboys fans are the biggest cheerleaders on this site.

If you even read what was posted, no one is giving up on Romo. It was an aberration, by a very good young QB, who has probably been playing a bit better than he can keep up, so far this year. It would be nice if you would read, rather than trying to put words in my mouth, bro. Nice parting shot and all that cheese... but you really REALLY can't make a Bears fan feel bad about his QB situation... we haven't had a QB in over a decade. :P

i wasnt directly talking to you that entire post, I was speaking in general terms about Romo, whether it be the media or forums im a member of...I for one admit people jump the gun too quickly both ways, annointing him so fast, and calling him a horrible qb too fast
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Yggdrasil » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:16 am

I think Tony Homo is the real deal. How does Grossman even factor into this conversation? Let's see where Rex is in five years and where Tony Romo is and then we can laugh and share stories. Rex Grossman will be pumping gas at the Texaco five years from now and Romo will be on his way to the Hall of Fame. Yes, everyone has a bad game. I think I've seen Peyton with a few 3 INT games haven't I (28 total INTs in 1998)? Brady too? Knock Tommy boy on his butt a few times and he is useless--total precious pocket QB with no balls.
Yggdrasil
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FatFoot » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:22 am

That's hysterical!
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:46 am

Yggdrasil wrote:I think Tony Homo is the real deal. How does Grossman even factor into this conversation? Let's see where Rex is in five years and where Tony Romo is and then we can laugh and share stories. Rex Grossman will be pumping gas at the Texaco five years from now and Romo will be on his way to the Hall of Fame. Yes, everyone has a bad game. I think I've seen Peyton with a few 3 INT games haven't I (28 total INTs in 1998)? Brady too? Knock Tommy boy on his butt a few times and he is useless--total precious pocket QB with no balls.

i agree fatfoot, that is a hilarious misspell. He obviously likes Romo, so it wasn't a jab, it was just a misspell... but H isn't even close to R ... hmmm
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:33 pm

Yggdrasil wrote:I think Tony Homo is the real deal. How does Grossman even factor into this conversation? Let's see where Rex is in five years and where Tony Romo is and then we can laugh and share stories. Rex Grossman will be pumping gas at the Texaco five years from now and Romo will be on his way to the Hall of Fame. Yes, everyone has a bad game. I think I've seen Peyton with a few 3 INT games haven't I (28 total INTs in 1998)? Brady too? Knock Tommy boy on his butt a few times and he is useless--total precious pocket QB with no balls.

I lol'd
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yggdrasil » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:20 am

That was NO misspell, dudes. LOL.....
Yggdrasil
Water Boy
Water Boy