I've Died and Gone to Football Heaven - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I've Died and Gone to Football Heaven

Moderator: Football Moderators

I've Died and Gone to Football Heaven

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:12 pm

Picture this: up by 3, my Crayton vs. his TO. Sweating it out until the final minutes when Crayton seals the deal with the TD.

Picture this: down by 14, have Folk. The last glorious play of the game Folk nails a 52 field goal to bring me back from behind.

Perfect fantasy game

Plus I get to watch an emotional roller coaster that was easily one of my top 5 finishes in recent memory.

I'm in heaven :,-( ;-)
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I've Died and Gone to Football Heaven

Postby Bravos of Steel » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:26 pm

Picture This: I play my twin brother in fantasy football this week, and I'm down by 11 points

Picture This: I have Tony Romo and Nick Folk, he has Jason Witten

Picture This: Jason Witten explodes early on, and Tony Romo IMplodes early on, causing him to gain a 24 point lead at halftime

Things heat up, Folk keeps me in the game with several field goals, and Romo continues to suck, Folk manages to keep me at a 17 point deficit.

Romo has 2 turnovers, which are -2 points each, 21 point deficit

Romo finally heats up a tad, throws the TD pass to Crayton, I can only hope Romo converts the conversion but fails...I'm thinking...my week is over, I'm down by 7.89 points

BUT WAIT!

The Cowboys recover the onside kick, there's still a chance, but I need the following to happen EXACTLY like this, and no other way, or I will lose: I need Romo to throw between a 3-9 yard pass, causing him to cross the 300 yard mark, which is a +3 bonus for me, but must not risk throwing another interception by going for the endzone, and he must NOT throw to Witten. At all... and THEN I need Nick Folk to make between a 50-59 yard field goal, which is a 5 point field goal in my league. If Folk were to kick anywhere under 50 yards, I will have lost...

Long 22 yard pass to Terrell Owens. NO. NO NO NO NO. My game is lost, Folk's field goal will be in the 40 yard mark, causing me to lose by under 1 point.

BUT!! WAIT!!

They review the play, and the catch is incomplete!!! Okay, I need a short pass between 3-9 yards and a 50 yard field goal from Nick Folk to win by .12 points.

KICK! IS! GOOD!!!!!! I win by a tenth of a point over my twin brother!!!! Nick Folk has saved my season!!!
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:30 pm

Bravos of Steel wrote:Picture This: I play my twin brother in fantasy football this week, and I'm down by 11 points

Picture This: I have Tony Romo and Nick Folk, he has Jason Witten

Picture This: Jason Witten explodes early on, and Tony Romo IMplodes early on, causing him to gain a 24 point lead at halftime

Things heat up, Folk keeps me in the game with several field goals, and Romo continues to suck, Folk manages to keep me at a 17 point deficit.

Romo has 2 turnovers, which are -2 points each, 21 point deficit

Romo finally heats up a tad, throws the TD pass to Crayton, I can only hope Romo converts the conversion but fails...I'm thinking...my week is over, I'm down by 7.89 points

BUT WAIT!

The Cowboys recover the onside kick, there's still a chance, but I need the following to happen EXACTLY like this, and no other way, or I will lose: I need Romo to throw between a 3-9 yard pass, causing him to cross the 300 yard mark, which is a +3 bonus for me, but must not risk throwing another interception by going for the endzone, and he must NOT throw to Witten. At all... and THEN I need Nick Folk to make between a 50-59 yard field goal, which is a 5 point field goal in my league. If Folk were to kick anywhere under 50 yards, I will have lost...

Long 22 yard pass to Terrell Owens. NO. NO NO NO NO. My game is lost, Folk's field goal will be in the 40 yard mark, causing me to lose by under 1 point.

BUT!! WAIT!!

They review the play, and the catch is incomplete!!! Okay, I need a short pass between 3-9 yards and a 50 yard field goal from Nick Folk to win by .12 points.

KICK! IS! GOOD!!!!!! I win by a tenth of a point over my twin brother!!!! Nick Folk has saved my season!!!

Wow, you must have good karma or something ;-D
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:16 am

Bravos of Steel wrote:KICK! IS! GOOD!!!!!! I win by a tenth of a point over my twin brother!!!! Nick Folk has saved my season!!!

That's as good as it gets! ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby treat24 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:03 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Bravos of Steel wrote:KICK! IS! GOOD!!!!!! I win by a tenth of a point over my twin brother!!!! Nick Folk has saved my season!!!

That's as good as it gets! ;-D

Ya, Mon ;-D :-b okay, i stole that...

that is definitely awesome... both stories... my games were cut and dry...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:00 pm

Picture this....my teams suck. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Yggdrasil » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:04 pm

Picture this: I have Romo, Folk, ANNNNNNNNNNNNND Crayton. What an emotional roller-coaster last night was!!!! If Romo hadn't sh!t the bed, I would have had MEGA points. 5 INTs!?!? Jaysus Kreist.
Yggdrasil
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby medias07 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:38 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Picture this: up by 3, my Crayton vs. his TO. Sweating it out until the final minutes when Crayton seals the deal with the TD.

Picture this: down by 14, have Folk. The last glorious play of the game Folk nails a 52 field goal to bring me back from behind.

Perfect fantasy game

Plus I get to watch an emotional roller coaster that was easily one of my top 5 finishes in recent memory.

I'm in heaven :,-( ;-)

folk / witten / crayton saved me.
medias07
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:41 pm

I picked up crayton last week to fill in a bye spot, and him stealing from TO is what saved me, but it wasn't near as exciting ;-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby niblet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:59 pm

That must mean I've died and gone to football Hell. I was on the losing end of a similar scenario.
:-C
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting