Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown)

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:50 pm

As usual it's that time of year again to provide a little flair of drama for our Matchup Meltdown field heading into week 6, In case you've never noticed I love writing like this...

Fun and games are over. If you've ever picked NFL games correctly in your life nows the time to nail a few. When the majority of us have 2 or 3 key games to pick from things have now officially gotten grim. This is where contenders rise to the top and pretenders falter. This is where the true predictors stay steady while everyone else chokes under pressure. This is where battle tested veterans wonder if they still have something in em, and the new guys eager to rise to the top and show their predictional skillz.

70 players with 1 pick remaining. 71 with just 2 picks left, still another 70 with 3 or more picks. That's clutch and it's only week 6. Last year "Go time" didn't seem to happen till late October. This year looks like we're headed on a crash course a little earlier... I wouldn't be surprised if 40 more players hopes and dreams are shattered at the conclusion of this week.

Only the top 32 players this year get a prize. Only 32 can walk away with a shiny new addition to their stash of icons. And of those 32 only 1 can be crowned champion while the others fade away into oblivion with thoughts of 2008 on their mind in early November... (or earlier!) 211 players currently left alive, some already on life support, others on cruise control. We've seen huge falls from the top spot almost every week. DelhommesFan1 accurately predicted the outcome of all 16 week 1 games. And has yet to post since that day on September 2nd. :-? jayday and I shared the spotlight for a brief week, now we've long since free fallen from that spot and we've got Amazing Oopah and kmcpherson11 somehow holding on!

Now is the time to submit those picks with authority and confidence, now is the time to crush the opposition, or rather let them crush themselves, now is the time - to shine. . .

GOOD LUCK. ;-D ;-D B-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown)

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:33 am

I'm pulling for you, Sniper. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:31 am

SniperShot wrote:And of those 32 only 1 can be crowned champion

A repeat would be so very sweet, wouldn't it? O:-)

B-)

:-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:32 am

Jimboozie wrote:I'm pulling for you, Sniper. ;-D
I'll be fine. ;-) I might have only 1 pick but I've been keeping the hammy confused. I was able to choose between 6 different games this week with just having a single pick. I've been spreading my picks around in order to keep selections open plus the bye helped. Baltimore aint losing at home to the pitiful Rams, I'm already wondering what'll be available in week 7 for me... :-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby jayday » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:39 pm

I was brimming with confidence when I had those 10 picks sitting in front of me. Going 4-6 in Week 4 humbled me considerably. My 3 remaining picks this week went to Tennessee, Cleveland, and Arizona. :-o

Hey Madison, I have a question. We all have the locked out games where we have abused picking one of the teams to win and one to lose. But what if we instead wanted to pick the underdog that was up against the "better" team that we have picked too many times.

Example: The WAS/GB game is locked out for me because I have picked GB too many times and picked against WAS too many times. But I actually believe WAS is going to win this game, yet can't pick them. Would there be a way to modify the game to where in this example, only the GB box would be locked out and the WAS box was open?

Madison is cursing me under his breath as he reads this. :-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:15 pm

jayday wrote:Hey Madison, I have a question. We all have the locked out games where we have abused picking one of the teams to win and one to lose. But what if we instead wanted to pick the underdog that was up against the "better" team that we have picked too many times.

Example: The WAS/GB game is locked out for me because I have picked GB too many times and picked against WAS too many times. But I actually believe WAS is going to win this game, yet can't pick them. Would there be a way to modify the game to where in this example, only the GB box would be locked out and the WAS box was open?

Madison is cursing me under his breath as he reads this. :-D

Mother grumble sonofa grumble dadblasted pain in the grumble grumble grumble... :-b ;-) :-b

I'd say it's doubtful for this season since this season has already begun, but might be something that can be coded in the offseason. That's actually quite an interesting suggestion and something for me to really check into and talk to Menyak about and see if it can be done. Nice one! ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:27 pm

What? You can't have it done this season? Do you guys do any work?! ;-7 ;-)

No, I had no intentions of asking it to be implemented this season. I should've specified it as an idea for next year. Thanks for considering it though.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:50 am

Hm... technically it would be a piece of cake, but I'm wondering if it would really be a change to the better. Because let's face it, the sole purpose of Hammy locking certain games is to make your life harder, and the sole purpose of that is to kick everyone but one out of the game before the season has ended. :-b Any additional options for you just mean additional straws to cling on to for survival - so no, I'm afraid it can't happen. :-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:48 am

That's a good point ;-D . I didn't think about how short the season is. !+)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

Postby jayday » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:16 pm

Did menyak enjoy that denial, or was that just my take? }:-) :-D Those are some good points though.

Oh well, I'm going to get that icon anyway. :-o
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk