Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown)

Postby Madison » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:05 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Now for the championship. how fun would that be to be lightside and darkside champion in one year? :-D

I should have done that last year on the basketball side after winning on this side. Was the only person left over there with 2 picks + a bye week, and Hammy actually let me pick two 9+ point favorites. Both lost and I went from first to out. :~(

SniperShot wrote:I'm rooting for anyone but Madison. ;-) :-b

Then he's guaranteed to win again. ;-D

:-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sandrock » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:39 pm

The only person eliminated this week is the only person who didn't submit a pick. Looks like everyone left is on a roll, or Hammy just decided to give the rest of you guys easy games. The best choice I got was SD vs Ten. :-°
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:19 pm

Sandrock wrote:The only person eliminated this week is the only person who didn't submit a pick. Looks like everyone left is on a roll, or Hammy just decided to give the rest of you guys easy games. The best choice I got was SD vs Ten. :-°

I actually got to pick NE, but I really didn't know if I wanted to take that one. However, I did, and glad I did.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:49 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Sandrock wrote:The only person eliminated this week is the only person who didn't submit a pick. Looks like everyone left is on a roll, or Hammy just decided to give the rest of you guys easy games. The best choice I got was SD vs Ten. :-°

I actually got to pick NE, but I really didn't know if I wanted to take that one. However, I did, and glad I did.

Hammy gave me an easy week. Nice change from the past few weeks. :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:13 am

Looks like everyone who submitted a pick got it right this week.

I only made it through by the graces of Tony Romos comeback :-o
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:29 pm

Even with Hammy dealing me crapola ( DET/SD ) and only 3 games total, I've somehow managed to come up with another stellar pick and will be seeing about 4 or 5 of you guys on the back side of Week 15.

;-D
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:14 am

Alright, so I gotta ask a question that perplexes me. Why do people hide their picks this late in the competition?

There are 18 people left, all who have survived 14 weeks to get this far. If they've survived this long I must assume they either have a pretty strong knowledge of football and the nature of the games or are incredibly lucky. And I'm highly doubting that many, if any, fall into that second category.

So once again, why do people hide their picks this late in the competition? Maybe someone can enlighten me.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:20 pm

Sandrock wrote:Alright, so I gotta ask a question that perplexes me. Why do people hide their picks this late in the competition?

There are 18 people left, all who have survived 14 weeks to get this far. If they've survived this long I must assume they either have a pretty strong knowledge of football and the nature of the games or are incredibly lucky. And I'm highly doubting that many, if any, fall into that second category.

So once again, why do people hide their picks this late in the competition? Maybe someone can enlighten me.

The only reason I can think of is that really late in the season you might not want somebody to know what you pick so they don't pick the same game just so neither team can lose. For example if its a hard week to pick and you see what your opponents are picking you pick the same thing so that if they lose everybody loses and you go to another week. Highly unlikely though.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:16 pm

Sandrock wrote:Alright, so I gotta ask a question that perplexes me. Why do people hide their picks this late in the competition?

Why hide them at any point in the season? No one cares who you picked since the only thing you are competing against in this game are the game outcomes themself.

Some people are just paranoid.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:38 pm

spodog wrote:

Why hide them at any point in the season? No one cares who you picked since the only thing you are competing against in this game are the game outcomes themself.

Some people are just paranoid.

I have to thank anyone who picked Minny tomorrow night that hid their pick. I was going to go with Seattle over Carolina, but since none of the visible picks were for Minny, I went with them as part of a strategy move. If anyone had picked Minny that I could have seen, I very well could have gone with Seattle and been knocked out.

Amazing how that can backfire sometimes, isn't it?

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk