Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown)

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:20 am

7 people took Indy over Jax tonight and of those 7, 2 have their lives on the line with Indy! Jags are gonna win tonight, they always play the Colts tough. Add with that the 10 or 15 guys who will be eliminated due to not submitting picks and we'll lose a good 20 or more this week too. ;-D ;-D

Starting to get into uncharted territory, in 2005 I made it to week 10 I think and last year I made it to week 9 when all I had to pick from was Indy/New England and I took New England... That might happen to me again this year. :-*
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:58 am

Monday
Green Bay loses to Denver

My other choices were Bills/Jets or Philly/Minnesota.

No thanks, I'm picking good teams to win good football games. And Denver will win, they have momentum and home field advantage as well as Cutler at QB who looked good last week and a defense that also picked it up last week. Bailey and Bly are both expected to play which bodes extremely well for the Broncos who won't have to worry about Green Bays sucky running game. Denver will win by at least 7.

Good luck to everyone this week, we're gonna need it.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:25 am

SniperShot wrote:Monday

No thanks, I'm picking good teams to win good football games. And Denver will win, they have momentum and home field advantage as well as Cutler at QB who looked good last week and a defense that also picked it up last week. Bailey and Bly are both expected to play which bodes extremely well for the Broncos who won't have to worry about Green Bays sucky running game. Denver will win by at least 7.

Good luck to everyone this week, we're gonna need it.

Hopefully that pick works out better for you than you're Jax over Indy prediction ;-7 :-b

I went with the Giants over the Dolphins so barring any major implosion or London voodoo I should be good this week. We'll see though :-o
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:05 pm

Hey man who could have seen Garrard getting knocked out of that game? That could have been a mighty different game had he been playing the 2nd half.

Giants are for sure this week, no doubt about it. ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:01 pm

I WAS ABLE TO PICK THE GIANTS!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

Now they better not lose cause I am STILL holding onto my bye. I will use it when I don't think I have one of the best two picks in a week. Meaning next week. !+)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:58 pm

Well, I have the Giants game available to pick. They better not burn me like they did two years ago when they were a huge favorite and everyone was sooo confident. My other games suck though so I think I have to take the G-Men.

Are you reading this asking yourself..."Has he really carried that grudge for two years?" Yes. Yes, I have. I wanted that Sweet 16 icon dammit. :-C :-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:32 pm

jayday wrote:Well, I have the Giants game available to pick. They better not burn me like they did two years ago when they were a huge favorite and everyone was sooo confident. My other games suck though so I think I have to take the G-Men.

Are you reading this asking yourself..."Has he really carried that grudge for two years?" Yes. Yes, I have. I wanted that Sweet 16 icon dammit. :-C :-D
Back in those days you had to only survive past a certain week and you would get the icon. I think it was make it through week 10. Well my week 10 pick was the Giants over Minnesota that year and they were 9 point favorites or something. They ended up giving up an INT for a TD, allowing a punt return for a TD and a kickoff return for a TD en route to one friggen ugly loss at home, thus ending my bid for the Sweet Sixteen icon 1 game short. That hurt.

After that day I vowed to never entrust my life in Col.Coughlin's hands again regardless of matchup. Minnesota that day was going with Brad hasbeen Johnson because Culpepper was lost to huge knee injury a few weeks earlier and at that point Minnesota was left to the scrap heap. Well, they ended up beating the Giants that day and almost made the playoffs if I remember correctly.

Giants should win this week easily but there are a few intangibles that could effect the game. It's in another country first of all, who the heck knows how that might impact anything, will Eli suffer from jet lag and throw 4 picks? Miami's defense is underrated and could create a couple huge plays at any time. Whatever, I know if Miami wins this week half the matchup meltdown field will be screwed which would be nice for those of us who weren't able to choose between that ripe game.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby daullaz » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:51 pm

It's looking like Zach Thomas is going to miss the game. Channing Crowder will move to the inside, though he might get lost on the way to London since he said he doesn't know where it is. He didn't even know they speak English there!

Giants will win that game easily.

One other thing:

No thanks, I'm picking good teams to win good football games.

I found that hilarious. Denver's not a good football team. Denver's a BAD football team! GB should win that game by at least a TD.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:58 pm

Denver has lost to Indy, Jax, and SD. They have beat Buffalo, Oakland, and Pittsburgh by a combined 7 points for all three games. They aren't a good team. They are an OK team, but I think that GB should probalby win that game or at least keep it close.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re:

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:21 pm

daullaz wrote:It's looking like Zach Thomas is going to miss the game. Channing Crowder will move to the inside, though he might get lost on the way to London since he said he doesn't know where it is. He didn't even know they speak English there!

Giants will win that game easily.

One other thing:

No thanks, I'm picking good teams to win good football games.

I found that hilarious. Denver's not a good football team. Denver's a BAD football team! GB should win that game by at least a TD.

If the team that beat Pittsburgh shows up then Green Bay is gonna have a hell of a time winning that game. I agree with Joel, they've had one hell of a schedule and it is skewing our view of how good this team really is.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk