Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re:

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:43 pm

daullaz wrote:I found that hilarious. Denver's not a good football team. Denver's a BAD football team! GB should win that game by at least a TD.
Hmm. I find you quite hilarious. When were you eliminated again? :^

Did you watch Denver's win over Pittsburgh last week? Did you not notice Denver's sense of urgency? They've fixed their crap during that bye week. Shanny is good at that, always has been. Green Bay is sitting at 5-1 playing cute comfy football while Denver's got blood in their eyes and their lives on the line. Denver's at home, Denver's 5th in the NFL in total offense at 358.3 YPG. Cutler is playing well. Green Bays pass D is 22nd. Need I say more? Not really but I'm going to anyway...

Green Bay is one dimensional. Their running game is non-existent. Think that part of their game gets on track on Monday? I wouldn't bet on it. They will once again rely on their passing game and Favre will most likely put the ball up in the air 40+ times. Enter Champ Baily and Dre' Bly. If Baily was playing in the Pittsburgh game Denver wins by 14. It's as simple as that. Anyone who watched knows Denver dominated that game, breakdowns in their passing D resulted in the game even being that close. 9 times out of 10 Baily shuts down half the field when he's in there. Both Baily and Bly are expected to play on Monday.

Actually thinking about it now there's not a single individual matchup Green Bay has in their favor going into this game, at least none that stand out at this point.

Maybe James Jones matched up against Denvers 3rd CB... W00t Denver better watch out for that one. :-{ Plain and simple Green Bay relies WAY too much on their passing game and Denver's defense can stop the pass. Lynch is healthy and is a very physical safety and Baily and Bly are two of the best in the business. Nuff said.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to shine (Matchup Meltdown)

Postby daullaz » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:50 am

You're right. I did get eliminated cause I foolishly saved my bye when I had three picks left. I really wish I could go back and take my bye. But my elimination doesn't make Denver better than Green Bay.

Green Bay will win this game by running the ball. They might have bad total numbers in the running game to this point, but Denver has had an even worse run defense. Starting GB RB Deshawn Wynn averages 4.1 yards per carry. Backup Vernand Morency averages 4.0 yards per carry. The only GB RB that's struggled is the demoted Brandon Jackson. It's not that they can't run; it's that they haven't run. Denver gives up 176 yards per game and a 5.1 yard-per-carry average. That horrific run defense is a big reason the pass defense is so "great," allowing the second fewest passing yards in the league. But they have allowed 11 passing TDs, which is fifth-worst in the league. They barely run the ball 20 times a game, but against this Denver run defense that changes.

[quote=SniperShot]Actually thinking about it now there's not a single individual matchup Green Bay has in their favor going into this game, at least none that stand out at this point.[/quote]

Green Bay is coming off the bye healthy. Greg Jennings is ready to go. He and Donald Driver will definitely challenge the Denver CBs. James Jones and Koren Robinson will help spread the field. Favre will be looking underneath to Lee early and often regardless of how the WRs do. Woodson and Harris can cover Marshall and Stokley easily. Green Bay has given up fewer passing TDs than Denver. That leaves the GB defense to concentrate on stopping the run, something they've done well this year. They've given up only two rushing TDs, compared to Denver's six rush TDs allowed. They have the same amount of interceptions, but GB has forced more fumbles, defensed more passes, notched more sacks.

Actually, thinking about it there's not really many matchups Denver has in their favor going into this game.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:13 pm

Great points daullaz, I see where you're coming from.

There's definitely a case to be made for both sides. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens Monday! ;-D I didn't mean to sound angry in my last post either, I was just annoyed how people are saying they expect Green Bay to win easily and then give absolutely no reasons as to why they think so.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:31 pm

LOL, when two players have one game as a lock and they are on opposite sides of the fence, I officially don't like that game anymore. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:37 pm

Haha. Under normal circumstances I might have challenged daullaz if he's confident enough in Green Bay to wager some sort of avatar or sig of shame for a week on this, but seeing as I'll look like an idiot anyway and be eliminated from Matchup Meltdown if Denver loses I've got enough riding on the line as it is. :-b

Plus I just got out of that Romo av. I was planning to take it easy for at least a FEW days... ;-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:55 pm

Me not happy and no likey my picks! :-C

Didn't have much to choose from this week. :-o

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:08 pm

Madison wrote:Me not happy and no likey my picks! :-C

Ouch, those choices do suck. !+)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:12 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:

My other choices were NO/SF and Buf/NYJ. :-o

Needless to say Hammy really put the screws to me this week. :-C

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:19 am

Madison wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

My other choices were NO/SF and Buf/NYJ. :-o

Needless to say Hammy really put the screws to me this week. :-C

That's funny. If I were you, I might have taken the other two. Buffalo and NO should both win those games.....

However, they are both on the road, so that doesn't help at all. !+)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby SniperShot » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:45 pm

Dolphins better win tomorrow. The amount of people eliminated if the Giants lost would be mighty high.

Giants suffer huge jet lag problems and come out totally flat and weak vs a Dolphins team that has nothing to lose in the world. Yeahhhh right... Could happen though. ;-7

GO FINS. Where's VaderFin been lately I think his absence here has been the reason for the Dolphins suckness. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk