Fast Willie --- No more goaline carries? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fast Willie --- No more goaline carries?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Fast Willie --- No more goaline carries?

Postby cooleyhigh » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:48 pm

It seems like this is the sort of thing athletes never get punished for. Who was the guy that was obviously drunk slammed his car into a light post and then fled the scene? Seems like he paid a few hundred bucks in fines...

I would be shocked if he misses any time at all as they can just push the case back until offseason then make some bs you have to stay in your mansion agreement :-t :-t
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:58 pm

cooleyhigh wrote:It seems like this is the sort of thing athletes never get punished for. Who was the guy that was obviously drunk slammed his car into a light post and then fled the scene? Seems like he paid a few hundred bucks in fines...

I would be shocked if he misses any time at all as they can just push the case back until offseason then make some bs you have to stay in your mansion agreement :-t :-t

i wanna saw it was leonard little...but i'm not positive

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:07 am

Lance Briggs.

He may not have been drunk... he may have been speeding like a psycho. At that hour, on that stretch of highway, it's always tempting to just BURN. And he may have crashed and decided to get out of there because he didn't want to answer for it... may have immediately thought he could say it was stolen. There's no way to know for sure, and either option is plausible. I don't THINK Briggs has a history as a big drinker, but I could be wrong.

In any event, I WAS very worried about the Najeh Davenport TDs. I am significantly less worried now.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mikus » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:34 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:
cooleyhigh wrote:It seems like this is the sort of thing athletes never get punished for. Who was the guy that was obviously drunk slammed his car into a light post and then fled the scene? Seems like he paid a few hundred bucks in fines...

i wanna saw it was leonard little...but i'm not positive

Leonard Little is the one who got drunk and killed a woman in a car accident.

WikiPedia wrote:After a drunken birthday in 1998, Little crashed into and killed another motorist, Susan Gutweiler. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent, a level considered intoxicated in the state of North Carolina. Little received 90 days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby RazzLeDazzLe » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:00 am

FatFoot wrote:
In any event, I WAS very worried about the Najeh Davenport TDs. I am significantly less worried now.

I agree... I think they will try to somewhat keep him out of the spotlight for at least a few weeks.
QB: Freeman
RB: Rashad Jennings, Ray Rice, Knowshon Moreno
WR: Calvin Johnson, Jeremy Maclin
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Shayne Graham
D: SD
Bench: Hillis, Knox, Tebow, Woodhead, Ball
RazzLeDazzLe Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RugbyD » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:02 pm

Given his unruly history, I think its a good probability that something comes of these charges, which means Najeh should expect a visit from Roger Goodell soon. FWP will get goalline carries regardless of what the coaches want to do.
[b]Hermes[/b]: Just such the obstinancy that brought you here, to this self-willed calamitous anchorage.

[b]Prometheus[/b]: Be sure of this: when I set my misfortune against your slavery, I would not change.
RugbyD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RazzLeDazzLe » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:33 am

Hmm.

Does not look like this is really going to cripple Davenport.... From Rotoworld:

Asked Tuesday if he felt that Najeh Davenport's legal issues would be a factor, coach Mike Tomlin said, "Not at all."
The league may eventually have other ideas. Davenport has been charged with three misdemeanor counts of domestic violence, endangering children, and unlawful restraint after witnesses reportedly saw him hit, choke and throw the mother of his five-year-old daughter to the ground. Davenport isn't due back in court until November 20.
QB: Freeman
RB: Rashad Jennings, Ray Rice, Knowshon Moreno
WR: Calvin Johnson, Jeremy Maclin
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Shayne Graham
D: SD
Bench: Hillis, Knox, Tebow, Woodhead, Ball
RazzLeDazzLe Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:51 pm

Guaranteed Goodell doesn't let it blow over. That would make him WAAAAY to obvious of a hypocrite after some of the other things that got players fined/suspended.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk