So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..." - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Moderator: Football Moderators

So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby Navyseal » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:26 pm

Pretty sure Rodney, Randall, & Ashante will have something to say about that come sunday. Let's watch Owens go across the middle and see if his arms don't shrink like an alligator's as he hears those red, white and blue footsteps just out of his field of view... perfect "bulletin board" material imo, not that the Pats' D needs any more motivation.

Looking forward to my D roughing him up this weekend... :-]

Big $$$ 12 tm, H2H Hyper-performance/Milestone keeper league:
*Hasselbeck
FWP, *AP, *Dunn, T.Bell, Norwood, K.Keith
*Houshmandzadeh, DJax, R.White, *A.Davis, De.Williams, A.Gonzalez
*Gates, *Watson
*M.Crosby
*NE D/ST
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:47 pm

Owens is gonna get it together this week, mark my words. He's good enough that it doesn't matter who he's matched up against. Besides, the Pats D didn't exactly shut down the Browns receivers and TO is a straight up beast.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Navyseal » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:56 pm

I heard the same thing before MNF earlier this week, and had Dallas not pulled it out Owens would have been someone to point the finger at... you sound like either a T.O. owner or a Dallas fan, perhaps both. Good luck this sunday if he's on your roster, if lowly Buffalo can get to Romo and get in his head, expect the Pats' pass rush to give Tony even less time to make decisions and find the open man... no guarantee Owens will even get open consistently this sunday, and I fully expect him to drop a few, per the norm... you are right though, T.O. is normally a beast. I just believe he gets humbled this weekend at the hands of my D.

This is a tough match-up for the Cowboys this weekend, make no mistake about it...

again, good luck... I'm just so sick of Ownes bumping his gums before "big" games.
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:49 am

bobbing_headz wrote:Owens is gonna get it together this week, mark my words. He's good enough that it doesn't matter who he's matched up against. Besides, the Pats D didn't exactly shut down the Browns receivers and TO is a straight up beast.

Um yeah...but can the guy throwing him the ball get it together?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Navyseal » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:08 am

Excellent point.

Romo could be a bit gun-shy after this past monday, and his WRs will be facing an All-Pro secondary... hmmmmm...
:-)
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:55 pm

"Dear Reporters,

"Due to the magnitude of this week's game and high volume of questions for the Original 81 about the other 81. I will be taking all questions immediately following Sunday's game.

P.S. Getcha popcorn ready

I thought it was kinda cute...

... but Dallas gets to have the quintessential Yankee team from Boston come to their hometown and put on a clinic.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby fantasizing » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:47 pm

It'd be a great game. TO draws so much coverage, it leaves his colleagues open downfield more often than not. One way or another, the Pats secondary can't cover them all. Although they did a great job covering the Bengals recievers 2 weeks ago, and that is not an easy task.

Dare I say it, but TO may even be content with a "decoy" role on the offense so long as the team keeps winning.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:01 pm

Popcorn is for an exciting game. Get peanuts in the shells for this one. After Owens note, he and Moss should have their own PBC challenge, with the loser wearing the winner's jersey all week.

I pity the Cowboys D. "Brady to Moss," is going to be the catchphrase of the day. Will be interesting to see how the Patriots D responds. Maybe a Harrison K.O. on T.O.?

Yes, I'm a Pats fan.

I hope it's a great game, but I don't think it can live up to the hype. One of these teams is going to melt down.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:03 pm

What a surprise, a redskins fan throwing salt...

thats nothing new, and you guys should probably realize that your homerism shows its true colors when you make comments about division rivals, but it doesnt bother some people

LOL@that being bulletin board material, these are the pats not pop warner, their not looking for any little thing they can to have a reason to go out and win...and whats so "bulletin board material" about TO saying he will answer all questions after the game, he didnt downplay his opponent, say he would score 4 times, he basically said "ill answer all questions after the game, get your popcorn ready its going to be a great show", what about that should have pats players running around posting it on their locker, they have been interviewing them all week and havent even mentioned it so try again....

And please, just because I dont agree lets not go assuming things and calling me a TO owner or lover, i can pull up plenty of post criticizing TO on the cowboys forums that I post on, I dont have man-crushes on everyone the cowboys have and think they are all perfect, I could go on and on with gripes about TO, but the face that you called his note "perfect bulletin board material" shows your reaching for something thats not even there...It doesnt matter what defense it is, or who is covering him, TO has shown time and time again he can dominate games and take over, but to act like he's just popping off at the mouth again is just looking for reasons to hate on TO, he hasnt been in front of a camera all week since practice started, so in other words, he's going to let his play speak for itself this week and take what comes with that afterwards, cant do anything but respect that...Unless your a homer, and if the shoe fits......
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby woodson_28 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:57 pm

i think a lot of people are under estimating the Cowboys Defense. Sure they haven't played "great" teams yet, but neither has NE.

Cowboys opponent record: 6-19
Pats opponent record: 7-17

however, only the cowboys have beat a team w/ a winning record (NYG 3-2)

Also, the Dallas Def has been slowly giving up less points each week. 20 pts to MIA, 10 pts to CHI, 0 pts to STL, 3 pts BUF. (BUF and STL both had PR/KR for TD's and BUF had two INT for TD's).

Make no mistake, the DEF has come up big the last two games. Hamlin had an INT in the endzone against the Rams, and Newman had a pick in the Redzone against BUF - on third down (in which BUF would have probably won the game w/ a FG).
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk