So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..." - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:06 am

Flyn high again wrote:This is a mid season Super Bowl and we all should watch.


Hmmmm... NOT!

Dallas has beaten teams that are 0-5, 0-5, 1-4, 2-3, and 3-2. They look good, but haven't beaten anybody better than the Giants yet. So until they knock off a real contender, let's not crown them just yet.

Take care of New England in your hometown and you'll have my attention.
Til then, they're just a good team that hasn't played anybody any good yet.
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:32 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Flyn high again wrote:This is a mid season Super Bowl and we all should watch.


Hmmmm... NOT!

Dallas has beaten teams that are 0-5, 0-5, 1-4, 2-3, and 3-2. They look good, but haven't beaten anybody better than the Giants yet. So until they knock off a real contender, let's not crown them just yet.

Take care of New England in your hometown and you'll have my attention.
Til then, they're just a good team that hasn't played anybody any good yet.



Who have the Pats beaten this year that have a great record?


thats the weakest argument anyone could ever make...do you think the Jets, Bills, Browns, or Bengals are making the playoffs this year? because thats who NE beat, their best team has been San Diego who has been looking nothing more then average this year, so why is it any different for them, should we crown them because they thrashed the browns, bengals bills and jets??? please, teams have no power over who they play, all they can do is dominate games they should, and dallas has been


and even if we lose to NE, im pretty sure we arent just a good team, Seattle looked terrible vs pittsburgh last weekend, the Giants are looking better each week and we beat them, the Packers have one loss and they cant run the ball, so its not as if we arent looking like the top team in the conference with washington regardless of who we played...


the season has only been going for about a month, alot of teams havent played anyone yet, but lets just not act like the pats have beat the steelers, colts, jags, or any team that looks like they are a force right now
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:46 pm

Wow ... it's almost as if the Cowboys missed the playoffs by several games last year. Oh wait ...

The "who have they played?" bit is pretty lame. I hate Dallas, but they did make the playoffs last year, and they are destroying teams except for the Bills. Fact of the matter is teams beat the teams they should beat, and crush the really bad teams, which is what I am seeing here. And granted, none of the teams that Dallas has beaten are juggernauts, their combined record is partly due to the fact that Dallas beat them.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby activechamp2006 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:02 am

LS2throwed wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:
Flyn high again wrote:This is a mid season Super Bowl and we all should watch.


Hmmmm... NOT!

Dallas has beaten teams that are 0-5, 0-5, 1-4, 2-3, and 3-2. They look good, but haven't beaten anybody better than the Giants yet. So until they knock off a real contender, let's not crown them just yet.

Take care of New England in your hometown and you'll have my attention.
Til then, they're just a good team that hasn't played anybody any good yet.



Who have the Pats beaten this year that have a great record?


thats the weakest argument anyone could ever make...do you think the Jets, Bills, Browns, or Bengals are making the playoffs this year? because thats who NE beat, their best team has been San Diego who has been looking nothing more then average this year, so why is it any different for them, should we crown them because they thrashed the browns, bengals bills and jets??? please, teams have no power over who they play, all they can do is dominate games they should, and dallas has been


and even if we lose to NE, im pretty sure we arent just a good team, Seattle looked terrible vs pittsburgh last weekend, the Giants are looking better each week and we beat them, the Packers have one loss and they cant run the ball, so its not as if we arent looking like the top team in the conference with washington regardless of who we played...


the season has only been going for about a month, alot of teams havent played anyone yet, but lets just not act like the pats have beat the steelers, colts, jags, or any team that looks like they are a force right now


haha i think this is funny. All the talk about not being a T/O lover, but yet I keep seeing WE over and over in your post referring to Dallas :-)

I'm not saying you don't make a decent argument, but you are obviously biased.
Image
activechamp2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 138
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:15 am

I heard somewhere (football outsiders?) that what defines a good team isn't winning close games vs good opponents, it's demolishing the weaker teams.

i'd say the patriots are doing a good job of that.
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5309
Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Beantown, Taxachusetts

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby benb18a » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:21 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:I heard somewhere (football outsiders?) that what defines a good team isn't winning close games vs good opponents, it's demolishing the weaker teams.

i'd say the patriots are doing a good job of that.


It was one player's fault that didn't happen on Monday. With the Bills mustering 3 points on offense, despite four turnovers that didn't result in TD returns, I would think that game would have been a blowout had Romo had a bad game and not an anomaly.
Image

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3106
Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: WI

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:58 am

activechamp2006 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Hmmmm... NOT!

Dallas has beaten teams that are 0-5, 0-5, 1-4, 2-3, and 3-2. They look good, but haven't beaten anybody better than the Giants yet. So until they knock off a real contender, let's not crown them just yet.

Take care of New England in your hometown and you'll have my attention.
Til then, they're just a good team that hasn't played anybody any good yet.



Who have the Pats beaten this year that have a great record?


thats the weakest argument anyone could ever make...do you think the Jets, Bills, Browns, or Bengals are making the playoffs this year? because thats who NE beat, their best team has been San Diego who has been looking nothing more then average this year, so why is it any different for them, should we crown them because they thrashed the browns, bengals bills and jets??? please, teams have no power over who they play, all they can do is dominate games they should, and dallas has been


and even if we lose to NE, im pretty sure we arent just a good team, Seattle looked terrible vs pittsburgh last weekend, the Giants are looking better each week and we beat them, the Packers have one loss and they cant run the ball, so its not as if we arent looking like the top team in the conference with washington regardless of who we played...


the season has only been going for about a month, alot of teams havent played anyone yet, but lets just not act like the pats have beat the steelers, colts, jags, or any team that looks like they are a force right now


haha i think this is funny. All the talk about not being a T/O lover, but yet I keep seeing WE over and over in your post referring to Dallas :-)

I'm not saying you don't make a decent argument, but you are obviously biased.



I do say "WE", because im a cowboys fan, that has nothing to do with being biased...I also know how to say "we have a below average D linen for the 3-4 defense", is that still biased because I said we? I typically post alot on cowboys forums, and in reference to my team I will use "we" alot in the post, but its not as if its always positive, being biased means you see no wrong in your team and everything they do is perfect...Ive been one of the biggest critics of TO for the past year, Ive openly said Burress is alot better WR then he is right now, and that the Pats defensive line makes ours look like a JV team, is that still biased?


My argument was directed towards the poster who said the cowboys havent beaten anyone and posted their combined record, that might make a case if the Pats had actually beaten a team or 2 with nice records, but everyone forgets that they beat up on the bills, browns, and bengals, but I guess it doesnt matter since its the Pats
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby FatFoot » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:24 pm

Well, I guess that argument is settled.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3259
Joined: 28 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the Belly of the Beast

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby Navyseal » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:41 pm

Seriously, the popcorn is all "burned" y'know, with that horrid microwave-blackened stench... The Pats hung 48 on Dallas and had a TD taken away that resulted in a FG.

The class of the AFC and probably the entire NFL just rolled thru town and rolled-up the Cowgirls on their home field, they have to be disgusted... btw, nice shades TO

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
:-b :-b :-b
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2558
Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: 50 yard line @ Fedex Field, Club Level

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby Navyseal » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:20 pm

...and lastly, as far as T.O.'s popcorn comment not making it to the BB, Rodney Harrison remarked that Dallas ate some "humble-popcorn", not to be confused with "humble-pie" LMFAO :-b :-b :-b
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2558
Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: 50 yard line @ Fedex Field, Club Level

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:09 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact