So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..." - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: So T.O. says once again "Getcha popcorn ready..."

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:27 pm

Navyseal wrote:...and lastly, as far as T.O.'s popcorn comment not making it to the BB, Rodney Harrison remarked that Dallas ate some "humble-popcorn", not to be confused with "humble-pie" LMFAO :-b :-b :-b

are you 12 years old? Dallas lost their first game this year, to arguably the best team in a long time, and your running around like a little girl when the Redskins gave the game away to a team that cant run the ball, nice argument...

If you care to believe the Pats murdered us, or Romo sucked, then by all means proceed...But the Pats scored a td under a minute when the game was well beyond over, and Rodney Harrison doesnt have much room to talk, he got OWNED by Barber more then once, and TO who did absolutely no talking all week played a really good game, but I guess you feel the need to do some bashing to mask your own teams concerns...you should be worried about the playoffs, and the NFC east, the Pats are truly an elite team, and dallas is not, just a good team...but I would question whether the Redskins are even a good team as of right now
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:47 pm

The Patriots owned that game, no matter how you want to look at it. Sometimes you just have to suck it up, and let the other team's fans gloat. It's hypocritical for you to get on his case over the Pats V Cowboys comments, and then snipe a Redskins comment in there.

Signed,
- Bears Fan

PS. Cowboys fans are ANYTHING but humble, so I expect we'll see you giving them grief too... right?
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:52 pm

Owned? I think the Pats were obviously superior, but last time I checked, the game was still in doubt in the 4th quarter. Pats are obviously the class, but I don't buy for a minute that they are THAT much better than the Colts, and the Cowboys showed that New England isn't some fearsome D that its inconceivable that they get scored on. My two cents. They are good. But I don't think its the time to talk trash if you are an NFC east fan (or NFC fan in general) as the Skins looked pretty bad, (although I think GB is overrated) and the Eagles struggled against the Jets. If something like that happened to the Cowboys, I really don't see the point in getting too excited, as at the moment, I don't think any NFC team would have fared differently, and basically, it seems like the Colts are the only other ones, maybe the Steelers.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:56 pm

Cowboys fans talk trash after every PLAY let alone every WIN. I'm sorry, but that game never looked to be out of NE control. When you play a powerful offense, you know you're going to get scored on. When you play a powerful D, you know that points are precious. New England was in the driver's seat for that whole game.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:24 pm

except for that time when they trailed 27-24, NE was in control then? Not to put too fine a point on it, as I thought NE was going to win, they did, and won big. That being said, people act like they are so unparalleled, and Dallas certainly hung with them. Of course, their D was their undoing, but I think we all knew it was going to be an issue. But Dallas played well enough to make this 16-0 air of inevitability seem a bit much to me.

Of course Dallas fans talk trash, and as an Eagles fan, I think I have bourne the worst of it, as the birds are the only NFC East team without a Super Bowl. But just because I think a lot of Dallas fans have diarrhea of the mouth, it doesn't mean they are summarily wrong when they do talk.

Frankly, at this point, I'm rooting for ANY NFC team that plays them, as I'm sick of this conference imbalance.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Phokus » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:33 pm

Popcorn usually needs 2 minutes in the microwave... T.O. mistakenly set it for 20 seconds.

Popcorn status: NOT READY! :P
My league: 14 teams, 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 Flex WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 Defense. 6 Bench players.
Phokus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Tony Micelli » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:38 pm

FatFoot wrote:The Patriots owned that game, no matter how you want to look at it. Sometimes you just have to suck it up, and let the other team's fans gloat. It's hypocritical for you to get on his case over the Pats V Cowboys comments, and then snipe a Redskins comment in there.

Signed,
- Bears Fan

PS. Cowboys fans are ANYTHING but humble, so I expect we'll see you giving them grief too... right?

100% Agreed.
QB's - Rodgers, Stafford

RB's - McFadden, J. Starks, Sproles, Felix Jones,DeMarco Murray

WR's -Larry Fitzgerald, M. Williams (TB), Julio Jones, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown

TE - Dustin Keller, Jake Ballard

K - J. Kasay

Def - Jets, 49ers
Tony Micelli
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:39 pm

FatFoot wrote:The Patriots owned that game, no matter how you want to look at it. Sometimes you just have to suck it up, and let the other team's fans gloat. It's hypocritical for you to get on his case over the Pats V Cowboys comments, and then snipe a Redskins comment in there.

Signed,
- Bears Fan

of course I threw a redskins comment it, thats the only reason he found a reason to post back to back gloating, when we lost to the best team in the league, and his team lost to the Packers...And im not really concerned with the sterotype about "cowboys fans" and how you guys perceive them around here, really could care less...if you want to throw me in the bunch then by all means go ahead, but he isnt "the other teams fans", he's a division rival of whose own team lost, and his comments were nowhere near an educated poster, they "rolled thru and rolled over the cowgirls", yea ok whatever makes you feel happy...

also im not going to argue whether or not the pats OWNED us, KILLED us, or whatever metaphor people choose to describe the game as, this isnt college football or the BCS, its the NFL, and ill take the best record in the NFC at this point...as much as people talk about cowboy fans, its pretty obvious people go out of their way to make fun of the cowboys since its so fun to hate them, im used to that by now, if anyone can find a post by me that is anywhere borderline being a homer thats one thing, but its another to post a remark

"hahahahahahahahahahaah the cowgirls got OWNED by the pats, and they even had another td that was taken back thats how bad they suck, and i guess TO burnt his popcorn bwhahahahahahahhahhahahaha"

how do expect someone to respect those types of post?
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Navyseal » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:40 pm

sorry to gloat in b2b posts, I realized that I hadn't yet finished my thought, especially after hearing what Rodney had to say after the game. Your 'Boys are damn lucky they are not 4-2 frankly, but I realize that the East is still Dallas' to lose, I am no fool... and I also realize that the Skins will get rolled up just like Dallas did in 2 weeks by Brady and company, barring a minor miracle.

Sorry you Dallas fans have too-thin-a-skin to "take it" as opposed to just dishing it out, this thread would never have been born had T.O. merely kept is enormous vicodin-hole shut. I can guarantee that you will not hear one word out of the Redskins' camp during Patriot week, win or lose... ok, maaaaaaybe Smoot, but that's it... :-]

Time to put your "big boy pants" on LS2...
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk