My sleeper of the week...someone you should have - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My sleeper of the week...someone you should have

Moderator: Football Moderators

My sleeper of the week...someone you should have

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:10 pm

Roddy White

What are you guys thoughts of him?? Its almost like he's under the radar, Im starting him this week vs the Giants expecting a pretty big day...

He has more points then guys like Engram, Burleson, Coles, and Derrick Mason...he's blowing coles out of the water in recieving yds by almost 130 yds, he's right behind burress one of the most consistent wrs playing right now, only thing that isnt putting his stats in the upper echeleon category is his td total is only at 1 right now, but I think its overlooked, and the tds will come...Harrington isnt the greatest qb but he knows how to get the ball downfield, and in petrino's offense they need a guy like roddy to spread the defense out, he has homerun ability to take any short pass the distance, and something to not overlook, is its his oh so imporant "breakout 3rd season" for a wideout that we wait for to see the progression he makes...jenkins is the only other guy in the mix, so i cant honestly tell you who is the 1 and whose the 2, but jenkins doesnt have nowhere near the speed roddy does, and he's always been a deep threat..

any wr that can average 16 yds per catch, and is a primary target is worth keeping and starting, he almost passed his totals from last year already, and looks like a guy who can put up 1,200 yds and 8 tds no problem, something we saw from lee evans last year, only difference is he is WAY more consistent, he doesnt have games where he doesnt catch any balls, he has been getting better every game, and I look at progress like this and only come to the conclusion that his season will get better and better towards the end...The guys averaging 70 yds a game, and is only getting better, dont see how you can ignore those numbers, sometimes you have to be early on these guys before they become flavor of the week

Just curious what you guys thought, he's under the radar heavy, and he's poised for his breakout season...

sleeper of the week guys, dont miss out ;-D
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My sleeper of the week...someone you should have

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:05 pm

im starting him!! ;-D
DbacksRback
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby alx99949 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:59 am

He's def. been solid thusfar and fairly consistent which we like but hasn't been able to completely go off...I think its most due to inconsistent QB play even though Harrington hasn't been awful. I picked up Dwayne Bowe who has been a total stud the last 3 weeks. Giants secondary is very questionable so he could get a look of looks especially because they'll be playing from behind.
alx99949
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby SniperShot » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:05 am

With Roy Williams on a bye and Anquan still hurting Roddy White is my #1 WR on one of my fantasy teams this week... I really hope he puts up big numbers but the offensive line for the Falcons is starting 2 rookies, Joey might spend half the game on the turf instead of actually throwing.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:42 am

SniperShot wrote:With Roy Williams on a bye and Anquan still hurting Roddy White is my #1 WR on one of my fantasy teams this week... I really hope he puts up big numbers but the offensive line for the Falcons is starting 2 rookies, Joey might spend half the game on the turf instead of actually throwing.

Also their really not running the ball the same, Petrino is devoted more to the pass, and without Vick teams have been stopping it alot easier...so i expect them to be behind and pass alot...

im expecting at least 90 yds, and a score
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby petedog9 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:50 pm

I grabbed him a few weeks ago. Let him put up some numbers then traded him and Selvin to the Henry owner for Burress.... ;-D He is having a career year but there is still a concern there because its ATL....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SniperShot » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:30 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
SniperShot wrote:With Roy Williams on a bye and Anquan still hurting Roddy White is my #1 WR on one of my fantasy teams this week... I really hope he puts up big numbers but the offensive line for the Falcons is starting 2 rookies, Joey might spend half the game on the turf instead of actually throwing.

Also their really not running the ball the same, Petrino is devoted more to the pass, and without Vick teams have been stopping it alot easier...so i expect them to be behind and pass alot...

im expecting at least 90 yds, and a score
I would be extremely happy with that- I really hope you're right. doesn't matter either way I'm starting him as a bye week replacement. Plus I get to watch him Monday night which is nice.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:51 am

I just dropped Mark Clayton for him and he's my #2 behind Braylon this week. I hadn't really been paying much attention to the ATL WRs. Maybe it's just habit from watching the Vick offense all those years. I heard a caller on NFL radio talking about it, and he said he thought the dramatic difference was due to the fact that the WRs could actually catch the ball in rhythm in this offense, instead of running a 60 minute scramble drill every week.

I don't suppose Roddy White could be any worse than Mark Clayton has been. I hope you guys are right.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:31 am

Well personally I need this to pan out myself, im down 8 points, and its my roddy white and Burress vs Eli, its a long shot to win but I have a chance if Roddy can put up around 15 points, Ill need him to at least score once, so here's to hoping something incredible happens ;-D

I really hate being down going into MNF games, i worry about it all sunday and monday, then if my players dont perform I come crashing down after the game lol, I need Eli to throw his ONLY td passes to Burress, and after that he needs to semi suck or let jacobs do damage, if puts up 20 points I probably lose...O well, Ill be tuned in rooting heavily 2nite for Roddy, theres still some hope :-]
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:46 am

I'm up big in the league I have him so I don't need him to do anything but I'd still love to see him go big just for more points.

Hopefully he goes huge for you LS2, that sounds like a tough deal for you though good luck. :-o
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk