Need Unbiased Opinions Concerning Trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Need Unbiased Opinions Concerning Trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Unbiased Opinions Concerning Trade

Postby sunthenovice » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:24 pm

I play in a league where the scoring is as follows:

QB's : 3pts PassingTD 6pts RushingTD
RB's : 3pts RushingTD 3pts ReceivingTD
WR's: 6pts Any TD

yards are irrelevent for this question.

This trade occurred today between our commissioner and his brother:

Team A sent:

Chad Johnson WR
Marc Bulger QB

to

Team B for:

Marvin Harrison WR
Marshawn Lynch RB
Vincent Jackson WR

I would appreciate anyone and eveyones opinion and or advice concerning the equitablity of this trade.

Many thanks, peace,

sunthenovice
sunthenovice
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Unbiased Opinions Concerning Trade

Postby THEOT » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:46 am

Eh, definetely in Team A's favor, but depending on what Bulger does may or may not be fair. Jackson has virtually no value so he is moot. But CJ for a Banged up Harrison and Lynch, could argue that either way. I'd say they should find a different trade, a bit to lopsided.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:21 am

Given the limitation to only consider the TD scoring:

I see CJ as slightly more valuable than Harrison but not because of the injury situation. I could argue in favor of either of them over the rest of the season, but I like CJ's week 16 matchup vs Cleveland better than Harrison's matchup vs Houston. For that reason alone, I'd rather have CJ. Slight advantage to Team A here.

Bulger may be hurt right now, but I still have to believe with upcoming games (week in brackets) against Cleveland(8), New Orleans(10), Frisco(11), Atlanta(13), Cincy (14) & Green Bay (15), he is going to score several TD's so he could score as many points in a TD only format as Lynch does, in my opinion. (The Rams have 5 passing TD's in 5 games and Lynch has 3 rushing TD's in 5 games.)

Jackson has limited value. Who does Team A cut to make room for Jackson?

Team A probably gets the better deal here, but I can't say the exchange in value is absurd at all.

If team B has Brady, Palmer, or somebody like that at QB, and no RB's then I might question what value Bulger would bring to his team to justify trading away Lynch. While a situation like that would not be evidence of collusion, it would be enough for me to dig deeper into the reasoning for the trade and look for evidence of collusion. Otherwise let it go.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Motown Blues » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:44 pm

Not as lopsided as it first appears...fast forward 3 HYPOTHETICAL weeks: healthy, productive Johnson / Bulger vs. healthy, productive Harrison / Lynch. Jackson, to a degree, tilts the transaction towards team A, despite that he has proven to be vastly overrated. Still, unless there is real suspicion of collusion, there is no commish move to be made here. Not all trades are COMPLETELY, perfectly balanced. How badly does team B need a QB? How deep is he at RB? What if, in those three hypothetical weeks, Harrison breaks his fibula? Then how lopsided is the trade?
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby treat24 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:07 pm

That is some weird scoring. I think I'd rather have Team B's side personally. Man, I don't see any way that you can veto this trade. Depending on rosters, this trade could go either way.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby sunthenovice » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks to all of you for your replies. Yes, the scoring system in this league is perhaps the most ignorant I've ever seen. I appreciate those of you who were kind enough to post your opinons.

peace
sunthenovice
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Commissioner's Corner