Heckling a commissioner.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Heckling a commissioner....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Heckling a commissioner....

Postby THEOT » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:44 pm

Let me start out by saying that I commission 2 leagues, and play in 5. The 2 I commission are friends and friends of friends. The oldest one, now in its fourth season, is my favorite and most important to me as these are people that I'm really close to and there is prize money involved ($25 per person to get in, and its optional).

One guy, who I used to consider a friend, whom is very competitive like myself, we don't get along during this time of year, which in a way makes victory much more satisfying. I won the league the first 2 seasons, he won it last year. Every year, at least once, he starts drama, usually about a trade or something. He did it again this year. He has to contest and protest every move I make, just to spite me.

This year, I set it so that all trades went through me for final review and I accept or deny them. The reason is because on 2 occasions last year even though our trade review by league votes time is 1 day, yahoo's system let 2 trades sit for almost a week and I had to manually do the trades before the games sunday per the rules. So I thought this would be easier.

Well, I've made a few trades because I had a mediocre draft. One trade that was offered to me that I accepted was clearly in my favor but I accepted and only 1 protest was posted. This week, I have done 2 trades, one is pending. It took 5 weeks and 8-10 trades for this idiot to notice that there wasn't a protest button anymore that it went through me, so now he's raising a stink about it saying that how are they to know that I'm telling them if there are protests emails. Another guy is calling me out on it because he thought his 1 protest vote should have turned down the other one which is never how its worked, its always been 1/3 of the league or 4 votes.

My response to these idiots was simply put that if you don't trust me to say how many protest emails there are to a particular trade then simply post your protest on the league page. Very simple. Now, the first guy, his wife is in the league, and has been all along. She's good knows her stuff. My wife is also in the league, her 2nd season, and is doing decent. This controversial trade was with my wife, but it has been the only one I've done with her. She was desperate for a QB and I got one and she was giving me a lot for him (Favre). The trade wasn't voted down, but I vetoed it anyway and we struck a more fair deal. However, now he and his wife have a potentially lopsided trade going.

There are 9 other people in this league besides me and these 2 guys. Not a peep out of anybody else protesting the trades. I've forwarded all notices to all of them to make sure they were getting them, kept everything wide open, posted any setting changes before I do anything to make sure no one had a problem with anything. I'm tired of him ruining the league making me feel like I'm walking on eggshells every year and taking the fun out of it for me. The other league I'm a commish of, no problems, in year 2. the other 3 I'm playing in, no issues, there have been some questionably lopsided trades but no drama. So, I guess my question is, any suggestions on how to handle this? Leave it be and hope it blows over? thanks, sorry for the essay. Oh, and keep in mind, he's 5-0 and I'm 2-3, but I've got a solid team now and have more total points this season than him. He's just had lucky matchups.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Heckling a commissioner....

Postby treat24 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Hope it blows over. You can't keep everybody happy, but you can't change the process midseason. You need to have a league wide vote on how to process trades for next season.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Peacesells » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:21 pm

You could remind him calmly but firmly that he has a choice in being in the league. He can always choose to be out of it if he believes you are a cheat.
PLEASE RATE MY AUCTION DRAFT. CLICK BELOW.
viewtopic.php?t=340649
Peacesells
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby THEOT » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:36 pm

Well, if one more thing is said that's what I'll be doing. Great suggestion.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 4)

Postby SirGrotius » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:28 pm

I'd say that if he'd officially like to lodge a protest for any of the trades being unfair, he can post about it on the message boards and if a majority of players agree with him you could "take back" the trade in a show of good faith.
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby WildKatkeith » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:55 pm

not to be a smart arse but hopefully as commish your not calling everyone an idiot there or worse lol
but if there is that much bad blood maybe you should be in seperate leagues, I would never think a man and wife should be in the same league, esp if one of them is commmish I would have a problem being in that league. It sounds like he is using his wife to make trades to spite you also. are you all four friends? Again I would not want to be in your league if you are commish and making trades with a spouse. Leaves to much there to call collousion even if it is not the perception will be there.
WildKatkeith
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner