Truck stolen with dog Attached - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Truck stolen with dog Attached

Moderator: Football Moderators

Truck stolen with dog Attached

Postby sox 06 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:15 pm

A dog and its owner escaped injury yesterday when a man tried to steal their truck from a garage while the pooch was tied to the vehicle's mirror.

The owner of a cube van had arrived to pick up his vehicle at a repair shop on Eastern Ave. near Carlaw Ave. around 8:15 a.m., said Const. Lou Gibb of 55 Division's traffic unit.

Before going into the shop to settle the bill, he tied his dog to the passenger-side mirror but left the keys inside.

But while the owner was conducting business inside the garage, he noticed a man hop into the driver's seat, Gibb said.

The owner screamed at the thief to stop and ran around to the side of the truck where his dog was tied.

"He went to the passenger side to untie his dog," Gibb said. "(He) couldn't get the dog untied (and) jumped in the passenger side of the truck."

But it was too late.

"The driver put it in gear and floored it," Gibb said. "It came straight across the street, right into the building with the owner of the vehicle still in the passenger side and the dog still tied to the truck."

The truck crashed into the old Simcoe Hotel and the thief had to be rescued from the basement where he ended up after falling through a hole in his bid to flee.

Both the truck owner and his dog were unharmed.

"The dog is fine," Gibb said. "The dog was scared, he ran across the street with the mirror still attached to it but he was fine."

The driver, however, was taken to St. Michael's Hospital with minor injuries.

Numerous charges, including robbery and dangerous driving are pending against the unidentified driver. Alcohol was a factor, Gibb said.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Truck stolen with dog Attached

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:16 pm

Man glad to hear the guy and his dog are OK, I was a little hesitant to read it because I was afraid it was gonna end badly. :-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:49 pm

Metroid wrote:Man glad to hear the guy and his dog are OK, I was a little hesitant to read it because I was afraid it was gonna end badly. :-o

Yeah, me too. I've heard of that before. Wasn't that in a movie where they forgot the dog was tied up and when they got to their destination there was just an empty leash? I don't remember if it was real or in a movie. I'm hoping a movie.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:55 pm

josebach wrote:Yeah, me too. I've heard of that before. Wasn't that in a movie where they forgot the dog was tied up and when they got to their destination there was just an empty leash? I don't remember if it was real or in a movie. I'm hoping a movie.

National Lampoon's Vacation.

That scene with the cop was a classic...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby sox 06 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:38 am

lmcjaho wrote:
josebach wrote:Yeah, me too. I've heard of that before. Wasn't that in a movie where they forgot the dog was tied up and when they got to their destination there was just an empty leash? I don't remember if it was real or in a movie. I'm hoping a movie.

National Lampoon's Vacation.

That scene with the cop was a classic...

:-b That's a pretty funny movie.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby sox 06 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:47 pm

When I was waiting in a parking lot today, the car right next to me had it's keys right in the ignition. The person came out of the store, got in his car, turned it on and drove off. He didn't have the doors locked with a seperate key or anything, anyone could have just gotten in his car and gone off with it.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:10 pm

sox 06 wrote:When I was waiting in a parking lot today, the car right next to me had it's keys right in the ignition. The person came out of the store, got in his car, turned it on and drove off. He didn't have the doors locked with a seperate key or anything, anyone could have just gotten in his car and gone off with it.

You see that all the time where I grew up. Of course everybody did it and there was never a problem, but there is no way I would do it. 8-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:15 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
sox 06 wrote:When I was waiting in a parking lot today, the car right next to me had it's keys right in the ignition. The person came out of the store, got in his car, turned it on and drove off. He didn't have the doors locked with a seperate key or anything, anyone could have just gotten in his car and gone off with it.

You see that all the time where I grew up. Of course everybody did it and there was never a problem, but there is no way I would do it. 8-o

Yeah when I was in Huntsville my aunt just left her car unlocked with the keys in it out in the driveway. I kept my car locked up tight as a drum...I'm from Stockton...thats how we roll. If you don't lock up your car here you aren't gonna be rolling anywhere...you'll be walking. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Return to General Talk