Ski? Snowboard? Anybody else getting stoked for the season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Ski? Snowboard? Anybody else getting stoked for the season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ski? Snowboard? Anybody else getting stoked for the season

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:42 pm

Anybody else in here just getting absolutely AMPED for ski season?
I took it back up a few years ago and can't wait for a snow-capped mountain! B-)

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ski? Snowboard? Anybody else getting stoked for the season

Postby knapplc » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:00 pm

Despite growing up within a day's drive of some of the best skiing in the world, I have never - not once in my life - strapped boards to my feet, stood upon nature's version of ice cream, and allowed my body to succumb to the forces of gravity.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SJNez46 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:05 pm

I am a big skiier. I live a few hours away from Sunday River and Sugarloaf. They are both great,and offer a lot of variety.They are probably 2 of the best mountains on the east coast. Sometimes the top banner has an ad for them :-D
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:52 pm

I love skiing! Best and most famous place I've ever been to has probably been Snow Basin in Utah, where the winter olympics were a couple years back. I live on the East Coast though, and the best skiing around is the Poconos, which is nothing compared to Snow Basin. :-b
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:14 pm

Snowboarder here. It's sweet, I also get a 75% discount on boards due to having an uncle who's, shall we say, pretty high up there in the Burton ranks. ;-) ;-D ;-D

Totally pumped, very fun stuff. I don't go nearly enough though.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:41 am

I have gone boarding once both of the past two years and could easily do it every other weekend or more if I lived on a mountain and had the money. It could easily become my favorite pastime. :-L
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:56 am

knapplc wrote:Despite growing up within a day's drive of some of the best skiing in the world, I have never - not once in my life - strapped boards to my feet, stood upon nature's version of ice cream, and allowed my body to succumb to the forces of gravity.

I'm usually pretty good at most things, but I could NOT ski. I had reconstruction on my right knee and I just couldn't keep my feet in alignment. My right leg kept going off in all kinds of different directions. The last time I crashed, I fell awkwardly and felt my knee almost blow out. After that, I took off my skis and walked to the bottom of the mountain. It was kind of funny because I was right by the ski lift and was so embarassed about walking down the mountain, I kept looking at my ski and moving the clip where your feet click in pretending it was broken. :-D

My buddy I was with told me the slope we were on was too hard for a beginner so that made me feel a little bit better.

*edit* spelling and grammar.
Last edited by josebach on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby moonhead » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:25 am

stoked. amped.

spicoli!

:-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby SniperShot » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:39 am

josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:Despite growing up within a day's drive of some of the best skiing in the world, I have never - not once in my life - strapped boards to my feet, stood upon nature's version of ice cream, and allowed my body to succumb to the forces of gravity.

I'm usually pretty good at most things, but I could NOT ski. I had reconstruction on my right knee and I just couldn't keep my feet in alignment. My right leg kept going off in all kinds of different directions. The last time I crashed, I fell awkwardly and felt my knee almost blew out. After that, I took off my skees and walked to the bottom of the mountain. It was kind of funny because I was right by the ski lift and was so embarassed about walking down the mountain, I kept looking at my ski and moving the clip where your feet click in pretending it was broken. :-D

My buddy I was with told me the slope we were on was too hard for a beginner so that made me feel a little bit better.
Aw man that sucks. I never had balance problems with snow skiing but I think that was because I never snow skied till I knew how to water ski. The whole balance thing is similar I guess but something about water skiing was always tougher for me. The sudden pull when the boat punches it still catches me off guard. I probably could have saved myself choking down half the river if I learned balance on snow skis first then tried to water ski. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby treat24 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:41 am

we don't get any snow here
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Next

Return to General Talk