Thomas Jones stinks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Thomas Jones stinks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thomas Jones stinks

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:51 pm

his performance thus far smells like a port-o-let during the summer. when SJax went down he became my #2 RB unfortunately. Does anyone out there think he's going to produce better as the season goes on?

I've picked up selvin young in case henry goes bye-bye anytime soon, could pick up KJ after week 6, also eyeing Rhodes as an option as well as Wynn.

But the primary reason for this post is to vent about how largely he is sucking. He is sucking, large. El sucko grande. Uckse Argele. This guy wears kneepads even when he's not playing football.

I feel better now, thanks. :-°
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thomas Jones stinks

Postby Portlis X » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:37 pm

Just be glad you didn't draft an "uber" team like me...

Drew Brees
Larry Johnson
Jones Drew
Colston
Lee Evans
Reggie Brown

Yeah, needless to say I am currently 1-4 in my league.
Portlis X
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:58 pm

He's going to get the rock 20 - 25 times this week. The guys getting 3 - 4 yards a carry and only getting it 9 - 15 times a game. The one game were he got 15+ carries he had 100 yards (against Miami). Give him the rock and he'll produce. It's like LJ, he got 9 carries last week against Jacksonville.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:14 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:He's going to get the rock 20 - 25 times this week. The guys getting 3 - 4 yards a carry and only getting it 9 - 15 times a game. The one game were he got 15+ carries he had 100 yards (against Miami). Give him the rock and he'll produce. It's like LJ, he got 9 carries last week against Jacksonville.

I very much hope you are right.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby FatFoot » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:40 pm

Don't say that too loudly. Bears fans will tell you that you're wrong, and that the Bears should have kept him instead of Benson.

Both teams have problems making holes for the RB at the offensive line. There are only a handful of "creative" running backs, who will make something out of nothing... and even most of those guys are playing poorly this year.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:49 pm

FatFoot wrote:Don't say that too loudly. Bears fans will tell you that you're wrong, and that the Bears should have kept him instead of Benson.

Both teams have problems making holes for the RB at the offensive line. There are only a handful of "creative" running backs, who will make something out of nothing... and even most of those guys are playing poorly this year.

Oh, the Bears were definitely wrong for keeping Benson over Thomas Jones. Jones was the much better back by far. My point is, if you give him the rock 10 times, he isn't going to run for 100+ yards and a TD on 10 carries.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:04 pm

I disagree, completely. And I'm not a big Benson fan. But TJ succeeds by what his offensive line gives him. He gets carries based on how his team is performing. The two are not necessarily related. He's not going to get 25 carries when his team is always playing from behind. He's not showing any flashes of brilliance within the 10 carries a game he gets either. His only decent game this year was against the worst rushing D in football. Jones and Benson are about equal... they're both pretty much worthless without an offensive line.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:22 pm

Jones is an average back playing behind an O-Line that has not been run blocking well and with a QB who can't stretch defenses at all. Until they improve their run-blocking and/or change their QB, Jones is going to continue to put up poor numbers.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:48 pm

FatFoot wrote:I disagree, completely. And I'm not a big Benson fan. But TJ succeeds by what his offensive line gives him. He gets carries based on how his team is performing. The two are not necessarily related. He's not going to get 25 carries when his team is always playing from behind. He's not showing any flashes of brilliance within the 10 carries a game he gets either. His only decent game this year was against the worst rushing D in football. Jones and Benson are about equal... they're both pretty much worthless without an offensive line.

First off, saying that he had his best game against the worst run stopping defense in the NFL is absurd. The Dolphins are ranked in the top 10 defense's in stopping the run (ranked 8th according to ESPN http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistic ... sort=rypg&
pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006
]). Also, against the Giants, Jones only had 13 carries for 36 yards. The Jets were up by 10 at half and he only finished with 13 carries.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:51 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
FatFoot wrote:I disagree, completely. And I'm not a big Benson fan. But TJ succeeds by what his offensive line gives him. He gets carries based on how his team is performing. The two are not necessarily related. He's not going to get 25 carries when his team is always playing from behind. He's not showing any flashes of brilliance within the 10 carries a game he gets either. His only decent game this year was against the worst rushing D in football. Jones and Benson are about equal... they're both pretty much worthless without an offensive line.

First off, saying that he had his best game against the worst run stopping defense in the NFL is absurd. The Dolphins are ranked in the top 10 defense's in stopping the run (ranked 8th according to ESPN http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistic ... sort=rypg&
pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006
]). Also, against the Giants, Jones only had 13 carries for 36 yards. The Jets were up by 10 at half and he only finished with 13 carries.

You're on Team Offense stats. Miami is 31st against the run giving up about 174 yards/game.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting