Scoring change for kickers, - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Scoring change for kickers,

Moderator: Football Moderators

Scoring change for kickers,

Postby THEOT » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:25 pm

The commish in one of my leagues just changed the scoring for kickers as it was outrageously inflated. However he has asked for a vote to leave it or change it back. here's what he said.

"Field goal scoring has been incorrect. They have been scored as 3, 7 and 9 points when they should be 3, 4 and 5 (distance depending).

I changed it to the correct scoring. It is not 1 and 2 points, which is what it looks like when you view the settings, but 3 points PLUS 1 or 2 extra on the longer distances.

I think it might retroactively change scores. While any changes in scores and wins/losses would be the way it should have been I understand if losing a previous game you had 'won' isn't something to be taken lightly.

A vote on whether we should keep the inflated field goal scoring (as high as 9 points for a field goal) would be appreciated. "

I'm kinda on the fence, normally I would say no scoring should be changed once the season starts but this puts a hell of a potential game changing factor on kicks that wouldn't normally happen. Any thoughts on how I should vote? Thanks in advance.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Scoring change for kickers,

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:19 pm

Why was this not noticed until week 6?

I'm really torn on this because I see the need to fix the scoring which is not in accordance with the rules, but it really bothers me that we are nearly halfway to the fantasy playoffs and talking about changes that could affect the standings.

I think you really need to just gut this out and stick with the system that got you this far, however flawed it may be. However, if every owner agrees to make the change and live with the consequenses, then you can go ahead, but it could almost be worse to make the change than leave it alone.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Scoring change for kickers,

Postby THEOT » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:35 pm

I don't know why it wasn't noticed. I never picked up on it. It appears it will stay changed, which is fine with me. It didn't effect my record and the games actually haven't been close in this league so I don't think the standings changed at all.

I still am not thrilled myself with changing any scoring mid season but nobody seems to have a problem with it and I think it will make the league better.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Commissioner's Corner