They stole my car...and my baby!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

They stole my car...and my baby!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: They stole my car...and my baby!!!

Postby moonhead » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 pm

that was set to the tune of what's love got to do with it...
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Tiki » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:53 pm

treat24 wrote:I don't know much about rap... I prefer music

My point exactly. I don't think you all know this, but many of the really good producers are actually quite gifted in writing music. But, that's off topic. And I am not going into that debate. I've said it many a time. Go to a studio and make a rap song and try to sell it, and if you make it I'll stand corrected...Till then I'mma hip-hop head, suckas. ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:56 pm

Tiki wrote:

My point exactly. I don't think you all know this, but many of the really good producers are actually quite gifted in writing music. But, that's off topic. And I am not going into that debate. I've said it many a time. Go to a studio and make a rap song and try to sell it, and if you make it I'll stand corrected...Till then I'mma hip-hop head, suckas. ;-D

i'm still not buying it.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tiki » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:04 pm

moonhead wrote:
Tiki wrote:

i'm still not buying it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7qZilB3o6lw
Lemme hear your complaints about that, you probably won't like it, but just what do ya think?
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:14 pm

i meant i'm not buying it. even if i made a rap song.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:30 pm

I like some Hip Hop if it's good like Del, Jurassic 5 or underground stuff. That mainstream gangsta rap crap is garbage to me though. Most of the stuff I like is positive and I like the artists to be articulate. The last thing I wanna listen to is somebody rapping about getting high popping a cap in someones ass and how many b*tchez they got.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:56 pm

Metroid wrote:I like some Hip Hop if it's good like Del, Jurassic 5 or underground stuff. That mainstream gangsta rap crap is garbage to me though. Most of the stuff I like is positive and I like the artists to be articulate. The last thing I wanna listen to is somebody rapping about getting high popping a cap in someones ass and how many b*tchez they got.

LOL, that's what I tell all my friends who like rap. I can only take so many lyrics about capping people and running down ho's. I like music that seemingly has a purpose to it other than to cram as many bikini-clad women as possible into the music video. There's some rock that's guilty of that too, and I can't stand the genre that they've created.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:15 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:I like some Hip Hop if it's good like Del, Jurassic 5 or underground stuff. That mainstream gangsta rap crap is garbage to me though. Most of the stuff I like is positive and I like the artists to be articulate. The last thing I wanna listen to is somebody rapping about getting high popping a cap in someones ass and how many b*tchez they got.

LOL, that's what I tell all my friends who like rap. I can only take so many lyrics about capping people and running down ho's. I like music that seemingly has a purpose to it other than to cram as many bikini-clad women as possible into the music video. There's some rock that's guilty of that too, and I can't stand the genre that they've created.

Totally agree. And when I say I like some hip hop I mean very little. But I do listen to some from time to time. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:41 pm

Tiki wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=7qZilB3o6lw
Lemme hear your complaints about that, you probably won't like it, but just what do ya think?

First thought was this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tFDNK-4Z7TI&mode=related&search=

One of my favorite overall albums of all time. ;-D

Yours wasn't bad either, but I am a bit of a fan of almost all kinds of music. I'll take some old school NWA, Public Enemy, Too Short, etc, over some of the total garbage I hear nowadays. ;-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:24 am

Madison wrote:
Tiki wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=7qZilB3o6lw

First thought was this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tFDNK-4Z7TI&mode=related&search=

One of my favorite overall albums of all time. ;-D

Yours wasn't bad either, but I am a bit of a fan of almost all kinds of music. I'll take some old school NWA, Public Enemy,

Me too. :-b I used to drive down a notoriously bad part of Tallahassee thumping F%#$ the Police. No idea how we weren't shot. I had "Straight out of Compton" and "It takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us Back" completely memorized. Of course I was 16 years old at the time. Thank God I outgrew that phase, huh? :-b

Don't listen to rap or hip hop now. It all sounds the same. Plus, rap songs are really formulaic now. They're kind of like rock songs where they repeat the chorus over and over. Back in the day, they would mix it up all the way through.

Meh... whatever.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk