When should the Commish (me) step in? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

When should the Commish (me) step in?

Moderator: Football Moderators

When should the Commish (me) step in?

Postby Mullethead » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:45 am

Hey all -

I am the commish of a 12 team Yahoo league, very active and competitive. This year we brought in 2 new players. One of these guys has done nothing for his team all year. I have called him on it and he promises to stay involved, but as of this morning, he has FIVE players on byes in his starting roster. This is unfair to the rest of the league. Should I edit his roster to at least have starters? Would that be fair? Or should I let it just play out for the rest of the year as is and not have him back next year? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Mullethead
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: When should the Commish (me) step in?

Postby ironcityboy88 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:14 am

Easy one:

1. Call him and let him know that if he doesn't remain active he is out of the league.
2. If his lineup still doesn't change, kick him out without thinking twice.
3. Then, if you can find someone to fill his position for the rest of the year, go for it (someone that will remain active)
4. If you can't find anyone to replace him, you as the commissioner should set that team's lineup throughout the year, and when that team plays your team, ask someone else to set the lineup.
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:27 pm

I agree with the previous post.

While I don't like meddling with other team's lineups, it is only fair to the league that each team put forth the best possible effort each week. If you don't have a player to start, you don't need to make roster changes, but put active players into the lineup wherever possible.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby metsdec89 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:54 pm

Yea i agree but if you cant find someone to use his team then to set his lineup i would use a certain site for projections so people cant complain about who should be starting
metsdec89
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Commissioner's Corner