Dear Chad, - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Dear Chad,

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dear Chad,

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:08 am

I'll take Chad over TJ anyday, for a football team. He's the better talent, for sure. FF, the only reason TJ is in the picture is because he's GOOD, but because teams can't cover Chad AND all other threats.

Pennington, on the other hand... that's tough. But I think the Jets have more problems than just a questionable arm.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nutsy20850 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:44 am

It might be time to give Kellen a shot, but the whole team is a freaking mess right now. Our defense would get rolled by South Florida.
nutsy20850
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TaDa » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:10 am

I'm not saying that Kellen is the answer. Trust me that I realize that our defense is an absolute nightmare, but I think that replacing Chad is the quickest and easiest thing to do right now. Replacing 1 player is easier than getting a new defense.

Chad right now is throwing passes that are going to get Coles and Cotch hurt. With his "touch" passes, defenders can work up so much speed to hit the receiver that one of these days, one of those 2 is going to cough up a spleen.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby Crazyisme34 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm

ohcho cinco isn't overhyped...TJ is just benefiting from defenses over concerning themselves with Chad....CJ still gives me 10 points a game in my fantasy league, which is good, TJ got the two TD's this past week, but Cinci still throws the ball 45 times a game, Chad is still going to catch 8 balls a game and with 3 TD's in 5 games, he's still going to end up with 10 TD's this season. Chad is still a top notch WR who is going to help your team...

and God knows why pennington is on any team in FF other than maybe a 20 team league...haha
Crazyisme34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:46 pm

Pennington needs the boot. Clemens is the future of NY, let him play.

I really hate saying this, but Vilma needs to be traded at the end of the season. He isn't suited for the 3-4. His rookie year, I think he had 108 tackles (not sure off of the top of my head), and in 2005 he had 169 tackles (not sure again), but I really think he he needs to be dealt. He isn't as good in this type of defense. Last year under the 3-4, he only had 112 tackles (yet again, I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head).
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby TaDa » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:52 pm

Granted, it's against the Bengals, but Chad looks good today. Loved the 60 yard pass to Coles.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby johnny p » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:40 pm

the simultaneous conversations of schitzofrenics!!!!!
johnny p Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)

Postby eagle0588 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:41 pm

TaDa wrote:Granted, it's against the Bengals, but Chad looks good today. Loved the 60 yard pass to Coles.

he actually threw a deep ball instead of one of his trademark lobbed rainbows..that is the first time i have ever seen him throw a nice deep pass
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:36 pm

I just don't understand Schottenheimer. Second play of the game, they go deep to Coles, 57 yard TD pass. WHY NOT THROW THE BALL ALL DAY??!? On the second play of the game, you get a 57 yard TD pass, why stop throwing the ball down field, c'mon Schottenheimer, you're starting to remind me of Hackett who went deep once every 35 passes.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby tecmobowl12 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:03 pm

If you were Chad Jackson you'd be pretty angry too! One minute you're on a PUP list, next minute Welker Moss and Stallworth are hijacking the spotlight
tecmobowl12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting