So, Adrian Peterson is going to be like the 2nd player taken - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So, Adrian Peterson is going to be like the 2nd player taken

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: So, Adrian Peterson is going to be like the 2nd player taken

Postby AllDay » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:49 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:I belive Fantasy football is mainly luck, with some skill invovled.
The luck comes in on draft day. The skill comes in on WW pick ups, and starting players against the correct matchups.

The only luck that applies to the draft is where you pick.

You can then either draft smartly or foolishly.

If I drafted Chad Pennington with my first round pick and proceeded with similarly stupid picks I can't blame my poor season on 'bad luck' during the draft.

If I go in thinking maybe I can wait until round 7 or 8 and get Romo while I stock up on RB's and WR's in the first 6 rounds and also target a guy like Peterson in round 4 or 5 is that luck? I don't think so. That is having a good draft plan.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jupiter33 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:26 pm

"ADP is the Ryan Braun of Football" is right, as someone earlier in this post said. 4 100 yd games in 5 weeks with a few TD's and he officially isn't the starter and is splitting carries with Chester.
jupiter33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm

jupiter33 wrote:"ADP is the Ryan Braun of Football" is right, as someone earlier in this post said. 4 100 yd games in 5 weeks with a few TD's and he officially isn't the starter and is splitting carries with Chester.

who is ryan braun?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:51 pm

moonhead wrote:
jupiter33 wrote:"ADP is the Ryan Braun of Football" is right, as someone earlier in this post said. 4 100 yd games in 5 weeks with a few TD's and he officially isn't the starter and is splitting carries with Chester.

who is ryan braun?

All you have to know is he's an extremely good rookie player. He plays another sport, I believe it's called "bais bohl," although I'm not completely sure on the spelling.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:05 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
moonhead wrote:

who is ryan braun?

All you have to know is he's an extremely good rookie player. He plays another sport, I believe it's called "bais bohl," although I'm not completely sure on the spelling.

Heresy - there is NO other sport!!!
:-C
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby CC » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:15 pm

kev0ut wrote:I love how every year there is a thread where people come to **mod edit** their lucky pick of that year's huge breakout player. I believe last year it was Frank Gore. Get over yourselves, people.

No Gore last year or Peterson this year eh?

Anyone who watched Peterson at OU is not surprised by his performance this year, you can try and chalk it up to luck, but in reality you just weren't informed or knowledgable enough to get him before he broke out.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk