New England - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

New England

Moderator: Football Moderators

New England

Postby jquik » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:17 am

Any team has a chance beating them this year? I'd say either colts or possibly Baltimore
jquik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New England

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:06 am

Well, I doubt they go undefeated... but they have as good of a chance to do so as the Colts did ... they're pretty dominant at this point.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby joejccva » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:52 am

jquik wrote:Any team has a chance beating them this year? I'd say either colts or possibly Baltimore

Colts are probably the only team that even has a remote chance to be honest. Baltimore? Highly doubtful...they aren't that good this year. The rams did pretty good against them defensively for the most part, especially first half. Baltimore doesn't have the guns on offense NOR defense to stop Brady IMO.
joejccva
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:26 am

Baltimore will not beat the Patsies. I agree that the Colts have the best chance. Odds are good they meet up as undefeated teams and battle it out for the top seed in the playoffs.

That game could be better than the Super Bowl. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:35 am

A team with a great defense has a chance to beat the Patriots. And they will lose at least 1 game this year. Baltimore matches up nicely vs them despite Baltimore having a weak offense lately they will likely keep New England under 34 points.

All it takes is a few bad bounces and New England's gonna lose a game. Somebody will show up to play vs them, get an early lead and somehow find a way to win. Bound to happen some week, always happens to good teams. Whoever plays New England before their Indy game has a chance to catch New England looking past them, kinda like the Bills almost did to the Cowboys last week.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:40 am

Uhhhh don't forget about Pittsburgh. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:07 pm

SniperShot wrote:A team with a great defense has a chance to beat the Patriots. And they will lose at least 1 game this year. Baltimore matches up nicely vs them despite Baltimore having a weak offense lately they will likely keep New England under 34 points.

Maybe they do hold them under 34 points...but do you really think that Baltimore offense can score more than 34 points on them? I think both the Colts and the Steelers have a great chance at beating them. The Colts can outscore them on offense and if the defense can get a couple takeaways while holding NE to less touchdowns and more field goals it could easily happen. Pittsburgh as well has the defense to harass Brady and Co. and if FWP can keep drives sustained and keep the Brady off the field and keep the clock running the Steelers also have a great chance. While NE is good, they hard hardly unbeatable. Don't forget about injuries as well, remember that after yesterday both of their starting running backs now have injury question marks which is never a good thing.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nameless1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:36 pm

Obviously I'm completely biased, but i think the ravens have a chance. We really do match up well defensively on them so we could potentially hold them to around 20 points, and also the patriots defense hasn't looked that great so, with a little luck (and maybe a defensive or specials teams TD), we could score in the 20's. Anyway im pretty sure the patriots won't be able to drive down the field at will like they have been doing so the tempo may been our favor.

I'll definitely be doing a PBC that week, and if McNair and the line can get healthy, i'll have some hope for a victory.
nameless1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting