Anybody using Yahoo! Plus? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Anybody using Yahoo! Plus?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anybody using Yahoo! Plus?

Postby suhgamer » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:01 am

Just wondering if anyone here uses Yahoo! Plus hosting for their league. Our league wants to make the move to a premium service. Some wish to stay within Yahoo!, but there Plus package was/is $124.99 for the league, thats freaking expensive. The alternative is myfantasyleague.com, and they offer an early bird special for $70. Does Yahoo! offer a special preseason? Or is it $124.99 all the time? Thanks in advance.
suhgamer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anybody using Yahoo! Plus?

Postby SirGrotius » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:25 pm

I use Plus. One has to consider that everyone gets stat tracker and in serious leagues I imagine everyone would purchase stat tracker anyway. Other benefits are lots of different tools like checking out latest trades for players, getting more yahoo information, seeing more transactions, getting a trophy, a record book, etc. less ads, too. I can't imagine going to a free league; too juvenile.
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby aqua » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:40 pm

I use plus league as people in the league are comfortable with yahoo but the best thing available in plus that isn't in regular (I have no idea why it isn't available in regular) is the Sunday-Tuesday waivers so that all FAs get placed on waivers when the first games on Sunday start - so that there isn't a big issue with people grabbing players mid-game and stuff. Still can happen on the occasional Thusday game but I wouldn't play without that setting now. I expect that we will stay on yahoo next year but it is possible that we could go to a different site. I never saw an earlybird price on yahoo though.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby suhgamer » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:54 pm

Thanks for the info. Currently debating against the full-featured myfantasyleague and the surprisingly simple but well rounded fleaflicker. Yahoo is nice, but we want more than the free option and its freaking expensive.
suhgamer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Goody » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:51 pm

aqua wrote:I use plus league as people in the league are comfortable with yahoo but the best thing available in plus that isn't in regular (I have no idea why it isn't available in regular) is the Sunday-Tuesday waivers so that all FAs get placed on waivers when the first games on Sunday start - so that there isn't a big issue with people grabbing players mid-game and stuff. Still can happen on the occasional Thusday game but I wouldn't play without that setting now. I expect that we will stay on yahoo next year but it is possible that we could go to a different site. I never saw an earlybird price on yahoo though.

This is the exact reason the league I commission went to using Yahoo Plus. Yahoo's free leagues don't allow you to have a true Sunday - Tuesday waiver period and I was forced to manually lock teams last season and have owners e-mail me with their waiver selections every Tuesday. I also had to manually adjust the waiver priority each week. It was a pain in the arse.

Also, most of the guys in my league are in other yahoo leagues and a lot of us paid for stat tracker to use in all of them. The fee (124.99) was basically the same amount for each owner to buy stat tracker ($10 each x 12 members) with all the other benefits. If you or your league mates play in a lot of yahoo leagues, it makes sense to be in a plus league. Hope this helps! ;-D
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner