5) Giants
6) Chicago

Dallas vs Cinci Superbowl
Dallas ends up being Champs.

Interesting. Bengals have been added.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who will win the Super Bowl?

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:53 pm

I need an Eagles fan to make their case!
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:05 pm

I think the question is "will anyone beat the Pats before they win the Superbowl?"
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:32 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:I need an Eagles fan to make their case!

there really isn't a case to be made. I think they will finish better than .500, as the schedule isn't THAT tough, provided one thinks the Giants and Skins games are winnable (I do, they hung around in those games despite being atrocious). Pats isn't winnable, and the dream scenario would be to split with Dallas. Every game left is winnable in my opinion.

That being said, the East could have 4 teams with winning records, and send three teams. I just think the Eagles are in a hole, and the way they are playing isn't reassuring. But getting Lito and Dawkins back should help. They just haven't looked good, and if Donovan isn't mobile, then they really have to lean on Westbrook. But that brings two problems: Andy's philosophy and Westbrook's health.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby onnestabe » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:21 pm

Are we talking about playoff contenders or teams that have a legitimate chance to win the superbowl? If it's playoff contenders, here are my picks:

AFC div winners:
Patriots
Colts
Chargers
Steelers
AFC wildcard contenders:
Jaguars
Ravens
Titans
Browns?

I like the Jaguars to get in. No telling if they can do anything once they get there, though. I have serious questions about the Ravens on offense, and I have regular questions about them on defense. Sure they can win against banged up NFC West teams, but what about their division opponents? I don't think the Titans are ready on offense to make any noise in the playoffs, but they can certainly get in, and they may be able to upset a contender once they get there (watch out Chargers and Steelers). The Browns can get in if things fall the right way for them - they will be in the race if they can just beat the teams they are supposed to beat (I see at least 8 more games on their schedule that I think they would be favored in - win 7 of them and they're in).

NFC div winners:
Cowboys
Buccaneers
Seahawks (by default)
Packers
NFC wildcard contenders:
Giants
Redskins
Eagles
Saints?

The Giants have an easy schedule coming up, and they have a chance to win any game with their talent on offense and their pass rushers. The Redskins don't seem to be quite ready, but the pickings are pretty slim in the NFC at this point. Eagles need to get more consistent if they want to make a push, but I think they can do it. Maybe it's the homer in me, but I think the Saints still have a shot at the division title, if not a wildcard, considering how bad the rest of the NFC East is, especially if they can continue to play the way they did against Seattle. I know I left the Panthers off, but come on - Vinny Testaverde is going to lead this team to the playoffs?

If the OP's question is 'who has a legitimate chance to win the superbowl?' then the list is much shorter: Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, Steelers. Those are the only complete teams that I have seen so far. All the other teams seem to have a fatal flaw that a good team can exploit. Maybe one of these other teams will step up, but right now, the gap between the good teams and the bad is pretty big.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby PMoneyTKE » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:26 pm

onnestabe wrote:Are we talking about playoff contenders or teams that have a legitimate chance to win the superbowl? If it's playoff contenders, here are my picks:

AFC div winners:
Patriots
Colts
Chargers
Steelers
AFC wildcard contenders:
Jaguars
Ravens
Titans
Browns?

I like the Jaguars to get in. No telling if they can do anything once they get there, though. I have serious questions about the Ravens on offense, and I have regular questions about them on defense. Sure they can win against banged up NFC West teams, but what about their division opponents? I don't think the Titans are ready on offense to make any noise in the playoffs, but they can certainly get in, and they may be able to upset a contender once they get there (watch out Chargers and Steelers). The Browns can get in if things fall the right way for them - they will be in the race if they can just beat the teams they are supposed to beat (I see at least 8 more games on their schedule that I think they would be favored in - win 7 of them and they're in).

NFC div winners:
Cowboys
Buccaneers
Seahawks (by default)
Packers
NFC wildcard contenders:
Giants
Redskins
Eagles
Saints?

The Giants have an easy schedule coming up, and they have a chance to win any game with their talent on offense and their pass rushers. The Redskins don't seem to be quite ready, but the pickings are pretty slim in the NFC at this point. Eagles need to get more consistent if they want to make a push, but I think they can do it. Maybe it's the homer in me, but I think the Saints still have a shot at the division title, if not a wildcard, considering how bad the rest of the NFC East is, especially if they can continue to play the way they did against Seattle. I know I left the Panthers off, but come on - Vinny Testaverde is going to lead this team to the playoffs?

If the OP's question is 'who has a legitimate chance to win the superbowl?' then the list is much shorter: Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, Steelers. Those are the only complete teams that I have seen so far. All the other teams seem to have a fatal flaw that a good team can exploit. Maybe one of these other teams will step up, but right now, the gap between the good teams and the bad is pretty big.

Sums it up nicely, great post ;-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:03 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:AFC
1) Colts
2) Pats
3) Chargers
4) Baltimore
5) Tennessee
6) Cinci

NFC
1) Dallas
2) Green Bay
3) Seattle
4) Tampa Bay
5) Giants
6) Chicago

Dallas vs Cinci Superbowl
Dallas ends up being Champs.

Well, I have to stay with my pick before the season started, I said Dallas vs Cinci. Ehh, I'm liking the Dallas part a lot, but sure about the Bengals. I know the Bengals are going to beat my Jets this week so that makes them 2-4, but I'm not sure about the rest of their schedule.

Interesting. Bengals have been added.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Previous

Return to Football Talk