Ethics of "cycling" players in football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Ethics of "cycling" players in football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ethics of "cycling" players in football

Postby ironcityboy88 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:44 pm

Battlecreek Dragon wrote:
ironcityboy88 wrote:Depending on the amount of roster spaces available, a team can't cycle that many players anyway, otherwise the player's he drops to play "keepaway" with will also all be on waivers thus allowing other teams a chance at his players.

You could do it with one expendable guy. If you wanted to drop player A for player Z, then....

Drop player A, pick up B
Drop B, pick up C
Drop C, pick up D
Drop D, pick up E
and so on until you finally pick up Z, which is the one you really wanted. Now A-Y are all on waivers

Totally against the spirit of the game, but not against the rules if not addressed in the rules.

Ahh, point well taken...if somebody did this in my league, I would warn them (and thus all other owners) and the next time it happened, I would suspend his free agent priviledge for two weeks, and if it happens again, I would double the penalty.
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ethics of "cycling" players in football

Postby thriftyrocker » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:56 pm

Most leagues I'm in, if you drop a player the same day you add him, it doesn't count - someone else can still pick him up the same day.

The issue would mainly be trying to lock up the late game players if someone needs them. Another situation would be - 2 weeks ago - adding Keith after Addai was named out so the Addai owner couldn't pick him up and put him in, even if you already started all your RB slots in the early games.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner