Shaun Alexander: Bounce Back or Fall Further - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shaun Alexander: Bounce Back or Fall Further

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shaun Alexander: Bounce Back or Fall Further

Postby Netsfan5 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:27 pm

LT, LJ, Ronnie, MJD, Bush, etc all getting back on track, but SA is falling into a bigger pit each week. Will he get his game on soon, or should owners start worrying?

For me personally, in my 8-team $ league I got MJD, Jacobs, TJones, Bush, Young, and Morris I can start over him, but people in cafe leagues should have a tough time deciding to start him.
Netsfan5
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Shaun Alexander: Bounce Back or Fall Further

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:48 pm

he's clearly on the decline of his career. also the passing game hasn't been great, if/when the passing game gets better, more space will open up for SA. from your team i'd start jacobs every week, then choose from the others depending on match up.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Shaun Alexander: Bounce Back or Fall Further

Postby biju » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:16 pm

While I do believe he's on the downslope of his career I think a good part of his problems come from the Seahawks inability to stretch the field and relieve some of the pressure put on the O-line. While Bobby Engram has stepped up as injuries have hit our WRs, Nate Burleson and Ben Obomanu have really failed to draw attention and our passing game has suffered tremendously.

I would look toward week 9 for Alexander to start looking better again. We'll have DJ Hackett back and should have Deion Branch back which will make a big difference in WR depth. With Hasselbeck being able to spread the ball around the field (and particularly in curl and quick out routes) we'll be able to give him more room to run.

But Seattle needs to seriously start thinking about the future of our team by acquiring more OL support for the eventual departure of Walter Jones. When he leaves it's going to be a dark day for Seahawks' fans as he's one of the only "sure" things we have.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk