Need help staying in playoff hunt - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Need help staying in playoff hunt

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need help staying in playoff hunt

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:16 pm

Hi. After a nice 2-0 start, I'm about to go 3-3 unless roddy white has a really bad night tonight. After the draft, with LT, Marvin Harrison, and Chad and Andre Johnson on my team I was feeling pretty good. After week 3, the SJax owner started shopping him from nervousness, so I picked him up for Marvin and Chris Brown. I was cleaning a spot on the mantle for a championship trophy. That trade was made after week 3, week 4 was played without it taking effect, and the morning after week 4 both players were injured. Andre Johnson got hurt as well, he was my third starting WR.

SO... Suddenly my dream team tandem at RB wasn't so dream team and I was hurting at WR. The Byes started with the scrambling to cover spots, and this is just not working as intended!!

Currently, and this changes weekly, my roster is:
QB: Kitna-bye, had picked up Warner for this week, got me -2 and injured, so I said to heck with it and got Garcia instead today. Losman was the previous QB that I'd dropped.
RB: LT, SJax (injured till week 10), Thomas Jones, Jason Wright (picked him up just to use this week), Selvin Young (picked up in response to the possible Henry suspension)
WR: Chad Johnson, Bernard Berrian, Andre Johnson (injured till week 9), and the following guys I've picked up along the way to cover spots: Patrick Crayton, Shaun McDonald.
TE: Currently Alex Smith, no good ones available, this spot rotates on a du jour basis.
K: Kris Brown
D: Chicago

Scoring is standard yahoo, 1pt per 10 rushing/receiving, 6pts rushing/receiving TD, 1pt per 25 pass yards, 4pts for passing TD, no points for completions.

This was a particularly tough week, 4+byes and 2 long term injuries on the bench, so all able bodied guys had to start.

Only the top 4 teams make the real playoffs, all else is consolation. I think I'm poised well, if it were week 10. But I have to wade through another month of questionable stuff before then, and if I continue to lose it'll be tough to climb back up. I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts or suggestions on how to improve my team. Should I stay put, let time go bye, and let the rewards pile in? Or should I wheel and deal now, and if so, any suggestions?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I thank you in advance for your opinions.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need help staying in playoff hunt

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:52 pm

your team looks OK, good enough imo to get yourself into the playoffs...how many teams get in the playoffs and where do you stand in respect to other teams? imo you team should still do ok

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Need help staying in playoff hunt

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:01 pm

only the top 4 teams get into the playoffs, I'm currently 4th.

two teams at 4-1
3 at 3-2 (i'm the middle 3-2 team)
4 at 2-3
1 at 0-5

I DO have the 2nd most total points scored, so if I can improve my w/l record, I should automatically jump to the top of the standings for my record.

playoffs start week 15 with week 16 being the final.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Return to Football Talk