Bennett Headed To Tampa - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bennett Headed To Tampa

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bennett Headed To Tampa

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:12 pm

waterproof wrote:I can see him starting over Graham...

I would start over Grahm and I have a beer gut.
...sleep with one eye open
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:21 pm

moonhead wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
JGarrison wrote:Wow. The psychic has spoken! I wish I could tell the future like that, lol.

or someone who actually follows the Bucs and listens to what the organization is saying about why they got him

well, cut him some slack. he probably didn't think that anyone followed the bucs! 8-o :-D

smarta$$ :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JGarrison » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:24 pm

The guy just got traded for, he hasn't even had one practice, read the play book etc. I honestly have doubts that they already know what his role will be the rest of the year.

That's all:)
JGarrison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JGarrison » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:26 pm

In Grahams last 3 games he has had 36 carries for 88 yards. I am one who thinks Bennett will be more then just a 3rd down back.
JGarrison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:34 pm

JGarrison wrote:In Grahams last 3 games he has had 36 carries for 88 yards. I am one who thinks Bennett will be more then just a 3rd down back.

Like I said, he will also be in for swing type passes. My point is, he will not be THE back here. Grahams numbers also are a part of who they played. Ten has the best run defenses in the NFL, the Colts and Panthers aren't to bad either.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tf77 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:03 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
JGarrison wrote:In Grahams last 3 games he has had 36 carries for 88 yards. I am one who thinks Bennett will be more then just a 3rd down back.

Like I said, he will also be in for swing type passes. My point is, he will not be THE back here. Grahams numbers also are a part of who they played. Ten has the best run defenses in the NFL, the Colts and Panthers aren't to bad either.

Graham will be the primary back at least for another couple of weeks. The Buccaneers organization would be pretty crazy to label Bennett THE GUY before he even learned the playbook and without seeing him at practice. That would definitely ruin Earnest Graham's confidence and that's what the Buccaneers cannot afford, if they want to have a shot at the playoffs. So right now they cannot advertise Bennett as more than a 3rd down back, but I still expect the starting job to be up for grabs come week 11
tf77
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:30 pm

The Bucs should sign Onterio Smith.

At least he would be fun at parties.

I guess that most of those old Viks were good at parites :-?

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:47 pm

Is Bennett gonna be ready by the 2008 Olympics? ;-7
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JakeTrain72 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:52 am

He hasn't learned the playbook, but the bucs loved Pittman's versatility and had to be planning, err hoping that Bennett would fill that void. Carnell wasn't even THE guy in Tampa. Bennett will get touches and Gruden will get him touches that fit his skill set pretty well so I'm thining he is fairly productive as a RB3 moving forward. The guy has been playing and preparing for NFL games this season, it may be different terminology, but I think he'll learn enough to be on the field this week. We'll have to learn more from Gruden on Friday to see just how much he may be involved. It can't take too long to learn how to run a few screens, swings and toss plays and get 10 touches against the Lions.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk