Benefit to having a QB & WR on the same team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Benefit to having a QB & WR on the same team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Benefit to having a QB & WR on the same team?

Postby Lukbuster » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:41 am

I really can't, for some reason figure this out. Yards and touchdowns could be worth more, but if one fails then so does the other.

So is it really better?

If so...
Trade Plaxico for Terrell Owens?

In my league:
Plaxico has scored 96 points.
Terrell Owens has scored 66 points.

The most important week for me to win is week 9 (Plaxico's Bye).
That week I will be playing against the only other undefeated team (who is a friend/jerk).

Any advice at all would be awesome.
------------------
My Team:
QB: Tony Romo > Brian Griese> Marc Bulger
RB: Gore > Bush > Morris
WR: Boldin > Plaxico > Calvin Johnson > Brandon Marshall > Stallworth
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Matt Stover
DST: NE
Lukbuster
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Benefit to having a QB & WR on the same team?

Postby latraffic » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:06 pm

Having Owens and Romo would be sweet at times, but I think keeping Plax for the long haul is better. I realize you want to win week 9 in particular but I don't know that I'd trade away your guy who's red hot. Especially since Romo appears to be fading a bit after his incredible start (sorry, I know he's your QB but I'm underlining that because as you said, if you have the tandem setup, one sucking kills both players) and the Giants appear to be gaining momentum.

I think you're WR core are strong. I wouldn't tinker with it and instead hope that Stallworth gets in on the action week 9 when his team faces Indy. Indy has a tough pass d going, but I think Moss and now Wes will get all the attention, leaving Stallworth to make a show of it. I am predicting that to be Donte's breakout game actually.

Keep in mind that week 9 Romo/Owens faces a strong Philly pass attack too.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Benefit to having a QB & WR on the same team?

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:50 pm

Don't give up Plax just for week 9. If you think TO will outscore Plax over the rest of the season, and during your league's playoffs, then go for it, otherwise no.

If you are undefeated at this point, your sole focus should be on the long-haul and setting your team up for optimal performance in the playoff weeks. Obviously you still have to play to win as much as possible now to insure you make the playoffs, but you can afford to take a loss here and there if you can keep a strong roster in place for later.

Forget your week 9 matchup with another top guy in your league, unless it fits in your long range strategy. Beat him in week 15 instead and no one will remember that you lost to him in week 9.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Beginner's Forum