This is so dumb, I feel I am missing something - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This is so dumb, I feel I am missing something

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: This is so dumb, I feel I am missing something

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:47 pm

OK, I will go against the grain. He is starting 3 Detroit WR's. you are starting 1 Detroit QB. Barring any rushing statistics, fumbles by the WR's and INT's by the QB's, they will nullify each other. Which end of the stick would you rather have? No QB and three WR's, or no WR's and 1 QB?

Add to that the fact that you get .5 per completion, and you are a lock to get more points from your QB than he gets from his WR's. Safest play unless you are sitting there with Manning or Brady.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:58 pm

Isn't that what everyone else is saying?

Also, you can't think of it as "no QB and 3 WR vs a QB and no WR." You have to think about it in points. You can rationalize it as "If I play Kitna, my QB points will nullify his WR points" but that's as far as logic allows you to go. But I'm assuming this is a done deal.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby daullaz » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:19 pm

Completely ignore his lineup and play your best players in the best matchups.

I have Palmer and played the guy with T.J. and Chad in Week two against Cleveland. Those three guys cancelled each other out exactly, but his QB outscored my two WRs because they had bad games. I won because the rest of my team was much better than his.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Goody » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:59 pm

eaglesrule wrote:I am factoring in the fluke effect. But the reality is, it seems more likely that these guys aren't likely to score without Kitna delivering the ball. Like I said earlier, I haven't looked at this type of situation in a while, because if your opponent has your QB1's main receiver, there is too much variarion. But this guy has Kitna's three main weapons, so unless they rush for one, Kitna gets those TDs too. In addition, Kitna could get TDs they can't.

I'm not factoring fluke stuff like fumble returns or something, because really, how could you?

Didn't Calvin Johnson have a rushing TD and Kitna got 0 passing TD's? You always have to consider these options. This is why you can't think too much into it and just start the best player. I know Kitna was your best option, but you should have just played him without thinking too much about who your opponent was playing. I for one never ever think about who my opponent has in his lineup. I just play the best players to give my team chance to win. ;-D
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk