12. Roethlisberger
13. McNabb
Netsfan5
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Top 13 QB's rest of season.

Postby Sgt. Apone » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:28 pm

way to go out on a limb, I'd flip Favre and Hassleback, and I'd also flip Eli and Kitna though, if we're talking fantasy production
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:09 pm

I'd put Manning ahead of Brady and Kitna ahead of Anderson.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:25 pm

I would also drop Anderson a lot. Yes he's been great, but to think he's going to keep up top 5 production for the rest of the season is crazy.
He may verywell end as a top 10 quarter back, but i don't see him playing as a top 5 qb here on out. closer to a top 10-15.

my top 10 would go more like this

Tiers

1 Brady

2 P Manning
3 Tony Romo

4 Carson Palmer
5 Brett Favre

6 Hasselback (Played well without his best recevier)
7 Eli Manning (Has played well despite losing Jacobs to injury. He can only go up from here)
8 Rivers (with the addition of Chambers his value moves up)
9 Roethlisberger (Santonio Holmes is all you can say)
10 Bulger (He is supposed to return this weekend, and has SEA,CLE, (BYE) N/O,SF,SEA,ATL,CIN the next 8 weeks.(7 weak D's in a row) Bulger could very well be better then top 10.

on the bubble (Kitna, Mcnabb, Garrard)
activechamp2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jcde7ago » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:31 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:I'd put Manning ahead of Brady and Kitna ahead of Anderson.

While I agree with putting Kitna ahead of Anderson, how on Earth could you possibly put Manning ahead of Brady at this point? (unless you don't own him in any fantasy teams and continue to get whooped single-handedly by him). Brady's putting on a show with a record-setting pace with arguably the best receiving corps the league has seen in years...yes, even better than the Wayne/Harrison (who has begun to show his age a bit) combo of Indianapolis.

At this point, even if Brady only threw at least 2 TD passes every game for the rest of the season, he would still end up with a career-high 31 TD passes. If he averaged only 250 yards passing every game from here on out, that would also already put him at a career-high of over 4,200+ passing yards. Now granted that Manning has put up spectacular numbers for pretty much his entire career and is on a fine pace this year, he would have to explode with a couple of 5+ touchdown games with the bye week in consideration to surpass Brady if Brady maintains the minimal pace i set.

I am not discrediting Peyton by any means, but let's face it...this is the year of Tom Brady, not Peyton Manning. Manning had his years and will continue to have them..but Tom Brady, at least for 2007, is going to have the better year, which i hope he caps by breaking Manning's record-high 49 TD passes in a single season. The Patriots offense is just tearing up opposing defenses in a way we haven't seen in years, not even from Indianapolis...yes, Indy has been a great team, but they just don't seem to have that quickness/explosiveness of the Pats offense (let's keep in mind they are accomplishing all of this without a legit running game, while Indy has had the likes of Rhodes, Addai, etc.). Also, NE has an incredible defense, while Indy normally has to play the "score more than they do" game because of their lackluster defense. That team is absolutely on cloud nine, with all the confidence in the world. With all of this in consideration, i don't expect Tom Brady to come back down to Earth anytime soon...if at all this year. And no one should either.
10-Team Yahoo! Keeper League: TheYayArea (in 3rd Year now) 11-0!

Starters:

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Marshawn Lynch
W/R: Marion Barber III
TE: Chris Cooley
K: Shayne Graham
D: Pittsburgh
jcde7ago
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:51 pm

jcde7ago wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:I'd put Manning ahead of Brady and Kitna ahead of Anderson.

While I agree with putting Kitna ahead of Anderson, how on Earth could you possibly put Manning ahead of Brady at this point? (unless you don't own him in any fantasy teams and continue to get whooped single-handedly by him). Brady's putting on a show with a record-setting pace with arguably the best receiving corps the league has seen in years...yes, even better than the Wayne/Harrison (who has begun to show his age a bit) combo of Indianapolis.

At this point, even if Brady only threw at least 2 TD passes every game for the rest of the season, he would still end up with a career-high 31 TD passes. If he averaged only 250 yards passing every game from here on out, that would also already put him at a career-high of over 4,200+ passing yards. Now granted that Manning has put up spectacular numbers for pretty much his entire career and is on a fine pace this year, he would have to explode with a couple of 5+ touchdown games with the bye week in consideration to surpass Brady if Brady maintains the minimal pace i set.

I am not discrediting Peyton by any means, but let's face it...this is the year of Tom Brady, not Peyton Manning. Manning had his years and will continue to have them..but Tom Brady, at least for 2007, is going to have the better year, which i hope he caps by breaking Manning's record-high 49 TD passes in a single season. The Patriots offense is just tearing up opposing defenses in a way we haven't seen in years, not even from Indianapolis...yes, Indy has been a great team, but they just don't seem to have that quickness/explosiveness of the Pats offense (let's keep in mind they are accomplishing all of this without a legit running game, while Indy has had the likes of Rhodes, Addai, etc.). Also, NE has an incredible defense, while Indy normally has to play the "score more than they do" game because of their lackluster defense. That team is absolutely on cloud nine, with all the confidence in the world. With all of this in consideration, i don't expect Tom Brady to come back down to Earth anytime soon...if at all this year. And no one should either.

I agree with you, but you can't really go wrong with either. However, Moss has an injury history and Brady will probably be riding the pine for crucial fantasy weeks (15,16, and 17). Look what Manning did without Harrison. If Randy were to go down, it could be deadly to Brady's stats. Also, I can almost guarantee Brady will put up at least one or two 1 TD, 200 yard performances, while Manning is a lock for 2 TDs and 250+ yards EVERY week it seems. Honestly, though, you can't go wrong with either, and their stats will probably look identical when all is said and done.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:20 pm

If we're talking fantasy then my list would look like this:

1) Tom Brady/Peyton Manning -- Both of these guys are interchangeable, You can't go wrong with either.
2) Tom Brady/Peyton Manning -- Both of these guys are interchangeable, You can't go wrong with either.
3) Carson Palmer -- Guy could arguably have the best 1 - 2 punch in WRs in the NFL (CJ + T.J).
4) Tony Romo -- Great QB, doesn't really have the weapons that Palmer has to surpass Palmer.
5) Matt Hasselbeck -- Playing great without Branch (362 yards, 2 TDs and 1 pick without Branch last week).
6) Eli Manning -- Has been playing great the past 3 weeks (Exclude the 1st half against the Jets).
7) Brett Favre -- Green Bay has no running game what-so-ever, he's got to throw the ball.
8) Donavan McNabb -- He has all the weapons you can possibly need (Westbrook, Brown, Kurtis), but his health concerns me.
9) Jon Kitna -- Three words... Mike Martz Offense
10) Ben Roethlisberger -- What more do you need than Parker out of the backfield, Holmes and Ward.

On the bubble:
11) Philip Rivers -- Even with the addition of Chambers earlier today, LT takes away a massive amount of TDs that Rivers could be throwing through the air.
12) Drew Brees -- Sunday night we saw a glimpse of what he is capable of, from here out, he continues to produce.
13) Jay Cutler -- Walker is back this week, so his value rises a tad.
14) Derek Anderson -- From what I've been seeing, this guy could be in the top 10 easily. Not sold if he can keep up the consistency.
15) Marc Bulger -- Tons of injuries on the offensive line. Just got back from injured ribs, maybe he turn it around like last year?

Just my two cents ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:29 pm

where's vinny testaverde

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby iky » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:41 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:where's vinny testaverde

playing some Bingo

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JakeTrain72 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:42 am

Most people seem to include Roethlisberger around the 10th best, but looking at his upcoming schedule I think he has a shot to be closer to 5 or 6. He has tough matchups weeks 14, 16 and 17 so I wouldn't want him for the playoffs but he might have one of the best schedules to get you into the playoffs.

@ Den
@ Cin
vs. Bal
vs. Cle
@ NYJ
vs. Mia
vs. Cin

I think you have to put Bulger in the top 13 as well. He was still getting it done last season without Pace and SJax. I know he is missing more guys on the line and has the rib issues, but this guy has nice wideouts and a decent TE. If he is healthy enough I think he can be a top 10 QB for the rest of the way. they should be trailing in plenty of games as well so garbage yards at the end will help his cause.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk