Top 13 QB's rest of season. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 13 QB's rest of season.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Top 13 QB's rest of season.

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:08 pm

JakeTrain72 wrote:Most people seem to include Roethlisberger around the 10th best, but looking at his upcoming schedule I think he has a shot to be closer to 5 or 6. He has tough matchups weeks 14, 16 and 17 so I wouldn't want him for the playoffs but he might have one of the best schedules to get you into the playoffs.

@ Den
@ Cin
vs. Bal
vs. Cle
@ NYJ
vs. Mia
vs. Cin

I think you have to put Bulger in the top 13 as well. He was still getting it done last season without Pace and SJax. I know he is missing more guys on the line and has the rib issues, but this guy has nice wideouts and a decent TE. If he is healthy enough I think he can be a top 10 QB for the rest of the way. they should be trailing in plenty of games as well so garbage yards at the end will help his cause.

What you need to think about with Ben is that Pits is still a team based a lot on there running game. When you have a running back like Willie Parker it's hard not to be.
activechamp2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:41 pm

Ya Big Ben doesn't pass enough really to be anything better than #10 in my opinion.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby superslugger616 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:06 pm

I'd throw griese at least into consideration here. The Bears have to throw to win and he's been doing well as the starter so far.
superslugger616
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby roysmalley » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:12 pm

Jason Campbell will end up top 10. That's right.
roysmalley
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SniperShot » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:20 pm

roysmalley wrote:Jason Campbell will end up top 10. That's right.
Hmm, even with a banged up offensive line and his top WR's seemingly nagging chronic injuries?

Too many question marks health wise right now on the Skins offense to me being sold on him finishing in the top 10. Must admit he has looked darn good so far though.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Loose Circuits » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:23 pm

I cannot believe that David Garrard is not mentioned in this thread. Granted Jax is a running team, but he's currently in the top 10 for QB's in average points per game in almost all scoring systems.

also, his schedule isn't terrible and he'll only get better with more experience.
Loose Circuits
Water Boy
Water Boy

Yahoo's Top 13

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:00 pm

Season Projected Top 13 at Yahoo:

01. Brady
02. Romo
03. Manning, P.
04. Palmer
05. Anderson
06. Roethlisberger
07. Hasselbeck
08. Favre
09. Garrard
10. Kitna
11. McNabb
12. Manning, E.
13. Schaub

For the remaining season, there are some interesting sleeper candidates, especially Brees, who may be coming around. It's also hard to ignore Culpepper, as we saw in his 5 TD performance, and considering that his horrible week six performance was still good enough for 16th.

Will Lemon's short reign end tomorrow? With the way the Pats are roughing up opposing QBs and with how bad Miami is playing, I'm expecting to see Beck for at least half of that game.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby kaiser » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:49 am

I am absolutel perplexed as to what to do with McNabb, who is my starter. I also have Derek Anderson on the bench, and Cambell and Eli are both on the wire.

If you look at these lists, McNabb seems to be al over the place. Just don't know what he will do form here on out.
Thanks to madaslives911 for my Flutie sig!
kaiser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby milo » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:38 am

I really like Warner's schedule the rest of the way. If he sits out today against Washington and rests the bye week he has some great matchups the rest of the way. IF he can stay upright!

@Tampa (not so great matchup)
Det ranked 30th against the pass
@ Cincy 28th
San Fran 16th
Clev 29th
@ Sea 19th
NO 26th
Atl 20th

Mostly this is wishful thinking since I picked him up after he was dropped this week.
milo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DraftDodger » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:42 am

kaiser wrote:I am absolutel perplexed as to what to do with McNabb, who is my starter. I also have Derek Anderson on the bench, and Cambell and Eli are both on the wire.

If you look at these lists, McNabb seems to be al over the place. Just don't know what he will do form here on out.

What are you perplexed about? Anderson should be your regular starter. Even against the Pats he managed a couple of TDs, and he will chew up lesser defenses. Anderson is the Cleveland offense. McNabb will have his highs and lows (with more Curtis explosions to be expected) but won't produce as steadily (which could cost you games).

Anderson is your real starter; deal with it!
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk