Surprise: Top 10 Recievers In My League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Surprise: Top 10 Recievers In My League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Surprise: Top 10 Recievers In My League

Postby NYNY » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:13 pm

Keep in mind this is a "one point per every 10 yards returned league" :

1) R. Moss
2) Housh
3) Plax
4) Braylon
5) S. Smith
6) Hester
7) C. Johnson
8) Welker
9) P. Crayton
10) J. Cribbs

I already have Braylon, R. Williams and Marv. Harrison. Somehow Cribbs is still available in my league! Would I be silly not to pick up Cribbs? He is averaging over 30 yards/return.
Last edited by NYNY on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team Yahoo! H-2-H:

QBs: Schaub, Manning
RBs: D. Williams, M. Bush, Moreno, Kuhn, Buckhalter
WRs: R. Moss, S. Smith (NYG), Britt, M. Thomas
TEs: V. Davis
K: M. Bryant
DEF: MIN, TEN
NYNY
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Surprise: Top 10 Recievers In My League

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:26 pm

get him ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:19 am

I will say 10 yards per return is a tad askew, I play 25. And Hester and Cribbs have been almost elite options at WR for a while now. Especially with how Cleveland's defense is atrocious. I scoped the rules (no big brag here, everyone should do it) and waited forever for receivers in one league, figuring on hester and ginn (noticed cribbs and switched out). People are all annoyed, but whatever, you should read the rules. And honestly, I think there should be a place for return yards in this game, and I don't thinkt hat place is on DST.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:16 am

eaglesrule wrote:I will say 10 yards per return is a tad askew, I play 25. And Hester and Cribbs have been almost elite options at WR for a while now. Especially with how Cleveland's defense is atrocious. I scoped the rules (no big brag here, everyone should do it) and waited forever for receivers in one league, figuring on hester and ginn (noticed cribbs and switched out). People are all annoyed, but whatever, you should read the rules. And honestly, I think there should be a place for return yards in this game, and I don't thinkt hat place is on DST.

The thing is that returners either hit it big, or get nothing for you... there seems to be no in between. And its not as easy to figure out what a good matchup is. But generally, if the team is playing against an excellent offense, this means the team is going to be receiving kickoffs more often, and the returner will have a better day. So I'd pick up Cribbs, and if you think Cleveland is going to have a high scoring game, then put him in there. At 1 pt per 10 yards, you can't really lose.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NYNY » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:24 am

quitesanemax wrote:The thing is that returners either hit it big, or get nothing for you... there seems to be no in between. And its not as easy to figure out what a good matchup is. But generally, if the team is playing against an excellent offense, this means the team is going to be receiving kickoffs more often, and the returner will have a better day. So I'd pick up Cribbs, and if you think Cleveland is going to have a high scoring game, then put him in there. At 1 pt per 10 yards, you can't really lose.

Yeah, the Browns defense is so bad that Cribbs makes the absolute most sense to grab. The problem is, who should I drop? Moss or Colston?
12 Team Yahoo! H-2-H:

QBs: Schaub, Manning
RBs: D. Williams, M. Bush, Moreno, Kuhn, Buckhalter
WRs: R. Moss, S. Smith (NYG), Britt, M. Thomas
TEs: V. Davis
K: M. Bryant
DEF: MIN, TEN
NYNY
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:45 am

quitesanemax wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:I will say 10 yards per return is a tad askew, I play 25. And Hester and Cribbs have been almost elite options at WR for a while now. Especially with how Cleveland's defense is atrocious. I scoped the rules (no big brag here, everyone should do it) and waited forever for receivers in one league, figuring on hester and ginn (noticed cribbs and switched out). People are all annoyed, but whatever, you should read the rules. And honestly, I think there should be a place for return yards in this game, and I don't thinkt hat place is on DST.

The thing is that returners either hit it big, or get nothing for you... there seems to be no in between. And its not as easy to figure out what a good matchup is. But generally, if the team is playing against an excellent offense, this means the team is going to be receiving kickoffs more often, and the returner will have a better day. So I'd pick up Cribbs, and if you think Cleveland is going to have a high scoring game, then put him in there. At 1 pt per 10 yards, you can't really lose.

Sorry, but in the case of someone like Cribbs, its not really hit or miss. He averages 130 yards on returns per game. So in my leagues, that's 5.36 points per, which is almost a touchdown. Sure you can do better, but it's almost a sure bet. In a 10 yard per return league, I think this is absolute no brainer, and I can;t believe someone didn't notice this before. (Well, I know why, Yahoo ranks don't adjust for it) the key is getting a guy who will snag punts too. I mean either a D stops the other team,and you get punt return yards, or you don't and get a kickoff... Hester granted is hit or miss, but Cribbs' lowest game was int he 90s.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk