Rotter's Rambling's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rotter's Rambling's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rotter's Rambling's

Postby Sgt. Apone » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:49 am

from FOX Sports own Roger Rotter's column http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/7340968

Can you decipher what the hell he means in the highlighted statement? I don't understand it - at all.
(added emphasis)

Pittsburgh running back Najeh Davenport posted a huge game against the Seahawks ahead of the Steelers' Week 6 bye (96 total yards and two touchdowns). He may see an increased workload going forward as the team works to spring home run threat Willie Parker (as they did in Week 5). He may also see work at the goal-line. Pittsburgh has back-to-back tremendous matchups on tap against the porous Denver and Cincinnati defenses (32nd and 29th against the run, respectively).

".......works to spring home run threat Willie Parker ...."

huh? not that it's important what he means exactly, but the point is clear that they are advocating picking up Davenport, it's just the why is what's confusing to me; he's being intentionally vague about what Najeh's role will be in the Steelers' gameplan (which is perfectly reasonable), yet he recommends him as a waiver pickup regardless of the way Pittsburgh utilizes their RB's (Davenport is a 3rd down/spell back), and also irrespective of a possible off-field legal situation, that could have some bearing on the situation (wasn't he supposed to turn himself into the police this week on battery charges?)

It just appears to me that most of these 'fantasy' sites are full of disinformation. Whether to drum up site traffic or whatever, but they do so much to hype every possible angle that the information ends up diluted with too much conjecture.

Case in point: Fast Willie and Najeh, not that Rotter is claiming that there is a RBBC all of the sudden in Pittsburgh, but he goes on in the article to expound on Pittsburgh's cake schedule saying he'll be facing Denver, he'll be facing Cincy - but the fact of the matter is that it's Willie Parker who will be facing those teams for the most part; and he'll probably average around 25+ carries through those two games, likely 120+ yards each game, and the distinct likelihood of multiple touchdowns.

Not Najeh Davenport.

He'll have stat lines that look more like 55-65 yards, 1-2 catches for 10-15 yards, and the occasional TD score(s) like he did a few weeks ago on the goal line. Rotter does the same song and dance every week, I have tempered my expectations when reading his columns, but to claim that Najeh is anything better than a glorified flex play is somewhat irresponsible to his readers that do take his advice.

Obviously he's not the only one in FF that does this, just makes me glad I can get the undistorted facts relevant to the situation from sites like the Cafe, and not have to be spoon fed a bunch of BS from fantasy football's version of Bill O'Reilly.
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rotter's Rambling's

Postby eagle0588 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:28 am

the quote is saying that pittsburgh wants to spring willie parker forward so that willie has a huge game. Because against easy defenses like Denver he will be a monster and pittsburgh should be able to ride him, wear down the defense, and put up points. Pittsburgh should score pretty easily on them with the run and be able to rack up points via run, field goals. Running will also open up the passing game. The point of what that guy is saying i believe is that with the assumption pittsburgh has a pretty large lead, pittsburgh will pull willie out and just let davenport run down the clock and keep willie parker from possible injury.
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Lung » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:34 pm

A prime example of why we kind of have an unofficial "Roger Rotter rule" around here at the Cafe prohibiting the posting of fantasy "advice" and "analysis" from him, unless it's purely for ridicule. :-b
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Sgt. Apone » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm

The Lung wrote:A prime example of why we kind of have an unofficial "Roger Rotter rule" around here at the Cafe prohibiting the posting of fantasy "advice" and "analysis" from him, unless it's purely for ridicule. :-b

exactly Lung, I trust my offering fell within those parameters
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Lung » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:13 pm

Sgt. Apone wrote:
The Lung wrote:A prime example of why we kind of have an unofficial "Roger Rotter rule" around here at the Cafe prohibiting the posting of fantasy "advice" and "analysis" from him, unless it's purely for ridicule. :-b

exactly Lung, I trust my offering fell within those parameters

Absolutely! ;-D :-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Return to Football Talk