Someone dropped Lynch, as commish what to do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Someone dropped Lynch, as commish what to do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Someone dropped Lynch, as commish what to do?

Postby euclid530 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:20 am

Someone in my league dropped M Lynch, there second round pick out of frustration for the cal loss (big cal fan) and because he was on a bye. As the commish i think i have to let it stand since he is on the list of players that can't be dropped but i was wondering what you guys think. I was debating whether or not i should jump in and put lynch back on his team and freeze his team but decided that since he wasn't on the can't cut list that i shouldn't step in.

Then i put in a waiver request not thinking i could possibly get him since i was waiver number 3 but the guys in my league must have not been checking the league page over the last couple of days because somehow i got him. I'm not thinking its a big deal since we don't play for money but should i have handled it differently.
euclid530
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Someone dropped Lynch, as commish what to do?

Postby moonhead » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:22 am

you're in the clear ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby bdrotoronto » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:45 am

nice pickup. it's apparent you play in a league of multiple idiots, so I don't see how this would harm the integrity of the league or anything like that.
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eagle0588 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:19 am

if you're not playing for money then what are you guys playing for?

Also unless whoever dropped lynch is a complete noob to fantasy or just an idiot that can make a case for you giving him back lynch and maybe educating him about dropping a decent starting RB. If youre playing with a bunch of noobs and homers then maybe its time to join another league where you are with more competant people.
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby southernSteeler » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:25 am

can I join your league, lol ;-7
southernSteeler Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Felix the Cat » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:53 pm

If he was on the can't cut list, how was he cut in the first place? :-?
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Fantasy ER » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:13 pm

Playing for money avoids all these problems. No dumb drops, and plenty of guy to pick up on the mistakes.
If winning didn't matter, they wouldn't keep score ---Vince Lombardi
Fantasy ER
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:18 pm

Your moves seem legit to me. You noticed the guy and grabbed him. Nothing wrong with that. The other owners had just as much of an opportunity to check the waiver wire but didn't. Their loss.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:35 pm

You dont just have 2 play for money to avoid these problems, just round up your league well ahead of time, and get guys you know, and guys that know about football...He obviously doesnt care about winning if he dropped lynch over trying 2 trade him, and if you had Waiver priority #3 the rest of the league doesnt pay much attention, so with that being said no wrong on your part but id try to find new guys to play with...

there is one league im in now thats like that, not much activity, but its like my 4th one so it doesnt bother me, ill run away with winning it, but it bothers me and I really love to test myself against guys who know what their doing
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby euclid530 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:34 pm

This is a league where we always used to play for money but the people would only play for like 10 dollars, which to me isn't even worth the hassel of collecting from everyone so the winner can get $100. I get enough of a kick just playing for pride, among friends but i would like to play for money too. The league is actually pretty competitive except for 3 teams, the two ahead of me on the waiver claims and the person that dropped lynch (the teams are selectively active so not dead but not really competitive).

I ended up making it stand but had a talk with the owner giving him a warning about making moves like that because i think it was more out of spite (since he was mad cal lost and doesn't care a whole lot about fantasy football) he had JJ Arrington on his lineup (who souldn't be owned in a 20 team league yet alone a 12 team league) and dropped lynch over arrington so even though he is a friend I think he is officially out of my leagues in the future. Next year will definitely be for money once more of my friends are out of college and aren't so broke.

I still am debating freezing putting lynch back and freezing the team, but they do actually change their roster weekly and i'm not sure i want a dead team.
euclid530
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk