Good Waiver Wire pickups for this week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Good Waiver Wire pickups for this week

Moderator: Football Moderators

Good Waiver Wire pickups for this week

Postby bagobonez » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:55 am

"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Good Waiver Wire pickups for this week

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:56 pm

I think Washington Def is another team that should put up good pts this week.
activechamp2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:57 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:

They could, but I don't like them as much as a few other defenses. The Cardinals run the ball alot, and it's hard to get any kind of fantasy points like sacks or interceptions when that's going on. Additionally, the Redskins don't have much of a pass rush. Any reason you like them this week?
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:20 am

I'm on the same boat with the Redskins because they play Arizona at home, and Mr. Tim Rattay is leading the charge.

Another good pickup is TB @ DET...DET leads the league in sacks allowed and is a turnover machine...
BALCO All-Stars
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:20 am

bagobonez wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:

They could, but I don't like them as much as a few other defenses. The Cardinals run the ball alot, and it's hard to get any kind of fantasy points like sacks or interceptions when that's going on. Additionally, the Redskins don't have much of a pass rush. Any reason you like them this week?

Ranked number 1 in pass defense, most likely playing against Tim Rattay. I'd say that looks like a pretty good match-up. The Cards will need to pass if they want to have any chance at winning this game.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:12 pm

The Skins may be ranked #1 in pass defense but the Cardinals have only allowed 7 sacks through 6 games. The point is with the frequency that the Cardinals run the ball, it's hard to get sacks and interceptions against them. I understand that Tim Rattay isn't a great QB, but his play can't be much worse than Leinart's was over the first few weeks and it's not like the Cardinals were some turnover allowing machine then. I'm not saying the Skins are a bad play this week, I just don't think they'll put up a great game either.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:11 pm

That's one craptastic article.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby activechamp2006 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:13 pm

bagobonez wrote:The Skins may be ranked #1 in pass defense but the Cardinals have only allowed 7 sacks through 6 games. The point is with the frequency that the Cardinals run the ball, it's hard to get sacks and interceptions against them. I understand that Tim Rattay isn't a great QB, but his play can't be much worse than Leinart's was over the first few weeks and it's not like the Cardinals were some turnover allowing machine then. I'm not saying the Skins are a bad play this week, I just don't think they'll put up a great game either.

For one, last week Rattay faced a much weaker D in Carolina, and threw 3 picks 0 TDS, and fumbled the ball twice. Not to mention Washington has one of the better ranked pass D's in the league. Saying that Arizona is going to run the ball more, sure they will try, but Edge is not the same runner he used to be. Huge gains for him are a thing of the past. Edge has had one 100 yard game this season, and no more then one td in any game this year. He's been consistent yes, but if they want to have a chance at winning, they will need a huge game from him. I honestly don't see that happening because all Washington has to do is pack the line, Edge will go no where.
And it's not like Time Rattays going to beat you with his Pro Bowl passing abilities?

Carolina was able to put up 16 fantasy pts last week (with a much weaker D then the redskins.) I don't see why Washington won't put up at the very least. double digit points.
activechamp2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Triplec223 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:45 pm

did they honestly put Vernon Davis as a waiver wire pickup for TE? What kind of league are they playing in that someone would drop one of the biggest upside players in the game?
Triplec223
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:21 pm

Not a very good article.

Someone they failed to mention who is probably one of the best pickup plays this week is Kevin Faulk. Morris is out and Maroney will probably end up being out. Even if Maroney isn't out, Faulk makes for a decent #2 RB against Miami if you are having the bye week blues.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk