What happens to non-playoff team rosters during playoffs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What happens to non-playoff team rosters during playoffs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What happens to non-playoff team rosters during playoffs?

Postby chipper » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:10 pm

I've done fantasy football for years, but this is my first time in a H2H league.

The non-playoff teams can pick people up until the last week and then they just get frozen right?
Is there a possibility of people grabbing players right after their last week so as to effect who could pick-up what during the playoffs?

Thanks
chipper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What happens to non-playoff team rosters during playoffs?

Postby logan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:49 pm

depends on the site and settings i suppose. yahoo i know lets you continue to pick up people because you still play from week to week in the consolation bracket. not sure about other sites and also not sure if there is a commish setting that allows you to cut the other teams off at the start of the playoffs except for the commish actually locking the teams.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chipper » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:00 pm

So people can still drop people to help out their friends or whatever?
chipper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:05 pm

chipper wrote:So people can still drop people to help out their friends or whatever?

That would be considered collusion and against the rules. The Commish can lock rosters if necessary in Yahoo leagues.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby The Lung » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:24 pm

chipper wrote:I've done fantasy football for years, but this is my first time in a H2H league.

The non-playoff teams can pick people up until the last week and then they just get frozen right?
Is there a possibility of people grabbing players right after their last week so as to effect who could pick-up what during the playoffs?

Thanks

In all the yearly re-draft leagues I'm commissioner of and participate in, the playoffs are typically weeks 15 and 16. I then manually lock the add/drop function for all non-playoff teams at the start of the Monday night game in week 14. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Return to Football Talk