Lucky number 7: week 7! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lucky number 7: week 7!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lucky number 7: week 7!

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:48 pm

Who ya like/dislike? :-?

My initial thoughts...
NE -16.5 @ Miami. I'll continue picking the Pats until they fail to cover one.

Arizona +8.5 @ Washington. Skins are doing a great job against the pass and this week Tim Rattay comes strolling into their backyard.

Indy -3 @ Jacksonville. Both teams are playing great but the Colts are coming off a bye and getting Addai and Harrison back.

New York Jets +6 @ Cincy. Thomas Jones is going to have a field day. There will be lots of points scored in this one. I don't have much faith in either team so I'll take the side getting almost a touchdown. Not sure what the over is but it could cover easily, whatever it is.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lucky number 7: week 7!

Postby SniperShot » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:00 pm

I love the Colts at -3.

Believe it or not I also like Minnesota to cover their 9.5. With the way ADP is playing right now they could easily cover even if the game is @ Dallas. MInnesota is a better team then people are giving them credit for, their O-Line is playing awesome. And the way ADP is playing right now he's a TD threat every time he touches the ball.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:06 pm

SniperShot wrote:I love the Colts at -3.

Believe it or not I also like Minnesota to cover their 9.5. With the way ADP is playing right now they could easily cover even if the game is @ Dallas. MInnesota is a better team then people are giving them credit for, their O-Line is playing awesome. And the way ADP is playing right now he's a TD threat every time he touches the ball.

That secondary could struggle big time against Romo and all of Dallas' weapons. Should be a good game.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:17 pm

Sniper, how confident are you in your Skins this week?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:35 pm

Nowhere near enough to cover an 8pt spread. I'm shocked it's that much.

It really depends on the status of Warner.

The Cardinals aren't half bad, and if Warner plays, I think the game is going to be close. If Warner is out the Skins will probably win by 14 - I believe Warner is that big a difference for the Cardinals right now. Oddsmakers must have been asleep for the Cardinals/Steelers game a couple weeks back, despite a couple bad plays the Cardinals defense played good, they can contend with good teams. They nearly beat the Ravens on the road and if Warner had played that entire game I think they would have won. I think that line could be banking on Warner being out, which has yet to be seen.

Nevermind the Skins have MAJOR offensive line issues, half the line is practically 2nd string and 2 of the 2nd stringers were hurt in the Green Bay game, :-o :-o

I agree Minnesota's secondary will struggle but if they establish any type of running game (which they should) they could put together multiple big drives to use lots of time up and keep the game close.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:24 pm

Warner's "probably" going to start, so I wouldn't take Washington.

Here's what I like this week:

KC +2.5. Defense is playing great. LJ finally had a good game, and Bowe has emerged as a legitimate threat, which has been opening things up for Gonzalez.

PIT -3.5. Pittsburgh has played like one of the top teams in the league, while Denver has looked mediocre-to-bad. Even in Denver, the Steelers should have it easy.

Others I like a little bit:

ATL +9, NYJ +6.5, CHI +5.5, STL +8.5.

What, all of a sudden New Orleans, Cincinnati, Philly and Seattle are good?

IND -3. As impressive as the Jags have looked, Indy has been just about as good as the Pats.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:27 pm

Seattle -8.5 is a trap this week.

St Louis gets back Bulger, Bruce, and their center with absolutely nothing to lose going against a reeling Seattle team with no momentum or any real apparent focus. Heck I wouldn't be too surprised if St Louis comes away with their first win of the season this week.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:23 pm

My lock of the week:

BALTIMORE!

-3 against a bad Buffalo team. Yeah, I know that Buffalo is always good at home and yeah, I know that they have kept their games close this year, and yeah, I know that Baltimore usually doesn't beat people by much, but I would take Baltimore in a heartbeat with that spread.

Lock 2:

Pittsburgh -3.5 at Denver:

Pitt has been playing outstanding and I don't think that Denver will get more than 13 points against them. Pitt should win this one by two scores.

I actually like Philly -5 if I had to pick that game. I don't care for that game either way since it could end up being very close, but I think that Philly will start to return to form and be a very formidable opponent.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:33 pm

I don't like Baltimore at all, especially on the road and even against a one-win team.

Four wins this year: At home by a TD to the 1-5 Jets, at home on GW FG against Arizona, at home by 19 last week against the Gus Frerotte Rams and on the road by two over SF, the worst offensive team in the league.

Two losses this year: At 1-4 Cincinnati by a TD and at the Browns by two TDs.

After this week, they have the bye and a trip to Pittsburgh. Are the Bills good? Not by a long shot. But they've had two weeks to prepare and they almost beat the NFC's best team at home in their last game.

I think the Bills win this one outright.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:43 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't touch that Buffalo game. Baltimore has a ton of guys out with injuries including McNair, McAllister, and possibly Ray Ray.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk