Two quick things: Did I do the right thing? and "Vintage G - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Two quick things: Did I do the right thing? and "Vintage G

Moderator: Football Moderators

Two quick things: Did I do the right thing? and "Vintage G

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:14 pm

Hello, I was out earlier at the Subway by my house. When I came out I just happened to notice out of the corner of my eye in the car next to me some woman had left her infant in the back seat. It was properly restrained. The windows were all cracked down between a 1/4 and 1/2 way and I don't think she was gone for more than 3 minutes because that was the total of time I was in the store getting supper. There was no line. I did however look back I started to get in my car and I saw out of the corner of my other eye she was yacking away on her cell phone coming back to her car. She did have something either a newspaper or a bag, I think from Food Lion, and I put my bag of sandwiches into my front seat kind of sat on the edge of my seat with my door opened and waited for her to pull out and drive past me. I looked through my open door window and caught her license tag number. I looked around and two police cars just happened to pull into the store just when she left. I got in my car and drove up to the entrance of the food lion as they were walking and I just happened to catch them and reported what I saw. I gave them her car make a White Taurus/Mercury and the tag number and told them. The man jotted it down and said that he would look into it. I feel a little stunned at the situation. I don't think she left her for too long, but I saw on the news about a woman in Charlotte who did the same thing and was only gone for like 30 seconds and was charged with abuse or whatever and found guilty. Did I do the right thing? I am a little concerned about retribution just in case, although the police officer did not ask for my information.

On a more positive note: I asked something similar this last year, and someone came through, but it was for a different game. I need to find a complete vintage Hide 'n' Thief game. (in good shape). If anyone has one unopened or knows of a manufacturer that does remakes of vintage games on special order, please let me know! I have searched and searched local stores all over the internet and come up with no luck. I have found advertisements. I missed out on one chance to get it just because I was running short because of bills. If anyone has any contact information that I could get this before Christmas for my family member, I would love it. post here or send me a PM if you have anything.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Two quick things: Did I do the right thing? and "Vintage G

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:31 pm

moon will have all the answers you need. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Two quick things: Did I do the right thing? and

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:38 pm

On the first question, I absolutely think that you did the right thing. You can never go wrong with reporting something like that when you see it. I think that its the right thing to do.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Well, according to many parents round here your car is going to get stolen if you leave you're kid in it, so of course you did the right thing!

But, in all honesty for a small thing like that, nah it wasn't necessary, but doesn't hurt either. I'd just rather avoid the Po-nanny. ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:52 pm

the only thing you did wrong was not plant dope in her car while she wasn't paying attention before you alerted the authorities.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:04 am

moonhead wrote:the only thing you did wrong was not plant dope in her car while she wasn't paying attention before you alerted the authorities.

heck, plant it in the car seat... then she could say it was the baby's.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:19 am

Definitely did the right thing MadDog. ;-D Cops can't be everywhere so can you imagine a world where no one ever stood up and spoke up once in a while for the right thing? Idiots like this lady would be running the freakin show.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:33 am

I almost called the cops a month or two ago when I saw a car where the front passenger was holding a 5 or 6 year old little girl in her lap. That really pissed me off and I still regret not calling them. If that little girl gets killed now, I would be at least partially responsible.

I probably wouldn't have called in your situation, but I very well might have said something to the mother.

"Hey lady... Do you realize if I was a child abductor your kid would be gone right now?" - I think that may have done the trick.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:47 am

I called the Humane Society a couple weeks ago (maybe longer) when it was really hot out and someone left their lap dog sitting in the rear window of their car at my kid's karate class. They showed up promptly and had a long talk with the owner. I do believe, however, that the owner left with the dog.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Return to General Talk