Favorite Cities - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Favorite Cities

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favorite Cities

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:21 pm

We had a discussion in class today about what people's favorite cities were, and it got me thinking about mine. Just curious to hear what other people's favorite cities/places were as well. Maybe even your least favorite too.

Here are mine:
Favorites

Chicago, IL-There's really nothing I don't love about Chicago. I love the downtown area and it has some great entertainment and some great restaurants. It's just a fun place for me.

San Diego, CA-Flawless weather combined with a laid back feel. An extremely relaxing environment.

Madison, WI-The quintessential college town. Great ambiance and with water surrounding it on two sides it really makes for a festive little place.

London, U.K.-A lot of great history in the area. You really can't run out of things to do in London.

Seattle, WA-Loved Puget Sound and the short trip to British Columbia. Very scenic area.

Minneapolis, MN-Perhaps a little biased since I'm from the area, but it's got some things going for it. I love the contrast between downtown and uptown, and you're certain to meet some eclectic individuals.

Colorado Springs, CO-Charming town with some unique features as well as two great campuses in Colorado College and Air Force.

Duluth, MN-Nothing flashy or exotic, but I've always had a great time when I've been there.

Least Favorites

Sacramento, CA-It just felt like a dirty town when I was there.

Paris, France-The city itself is quite nice, but the people are just crappy. We were not treated nicely when we were there. Between my British father, American mother, and myself the half-breed, we just didn't have a great experience.

Tijuana, Mexico-Not the place to be in Mexico.

St. Cloud, MN-No character whatsoever. Run by retail shops and Taco Bells.

Cocoa Beach, FL-Had a horrible experience here. Mostly because we went there for a high school baseball trip that was run like boot camp, but I don't think I recall a single local who wasn't wearing a wife-beater.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Favorite Cities

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:47 pm

I'll give a quick top 5 other than Eugene.

#1 Black Rock City NV-Burning Man...nuff said. :-b

#2 San Francisco CA-I have always loved the City(bring on the ghey jokes. :-D )

#3 Las Vegas NV-Uhh...Vegas baby...Vegas! ;-D

#4 Seattle WA-Great music scene. B-)

#5 Portland OR/Reno NV (tie)-Lots of friends and family in both. :-)

Least favorite.

#1 Stockton CA-Home of the drive by...nuff said. :-b

:-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Atog » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:05 pm

Toronto, Ontario
-Like a Canadian Chicago. So it's naturally better.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
-I've never been to Madison but for me A2 is as good as it gets for college towns.

La Jolla, San Diego, California
-La Jolla is a nearby community and it's a really nice area with really nice weather near a really nice city.

New York, New York
-Mind-blowing. There isn't a city like it in the world.

Aspen, Colorado
-I like skiing. Enough said.

Least Favorite Cities:

New York, New York
-The culture of the entire city is nearly unbearable.

Columbus, Ohio
-To be fair, I haven't been there. Mostly because I'm afraid of having my car flipped.

Flint, Michigan
-You know how people have this really negative image of Detroit as being dirty and full of crime? That's sort of how Flint is. No offense to anybody who lives in Flint, though.

Pontiac, Michigan
-People from Pontiac are just really mean. I don't understand why. And it' slightly dirty and ghetto-ish. No offense to anybody who lives in Pontiac.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moonhead » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:10 pm

san diego. as close to paradise on the mainland as it gets.
seattle. just a great place. lots of history. cool bars.
chicago. what's not to love? fat people. beers. the greatest nfl franchise in history.
portland. progressive cool community. beautiful country.
new york city. the capital of the world.
amsterdam. X-I
venice. you have to go once.
austin. keep it weird.
norman. home of the sooners.

jackson, wyoming. gorgeous. absolutely beautiful.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby moonhead » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Atog wrote:Flint, Michigan
-You know how people have this really negative image of Detroit as being dirty and full of crime? That's sort of how Flint is. No offense to anybody who lives in Flint, though.

for those that don't know, you should watch michael moore's first major film. roger and me. it's a great documentary. about how things went wrong in flint. the impact gm had on the town. it's where moore grew up. and it's a total pisshole now.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mikus » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:44 pm

Favs:

New Orleans, LA ... maybe a no-brainer for me, but home sweet home is a great place to eat, drink and be merry.
Baton Rouge, LA ... great college town, lots of fun, hot ladies.
New York City, NY ... love the Big Apple.
Los Angeles, CA ... my aunt lives out West so I get to visit often, great weather, love the beach and all the active people.
Austin, TX ... been a couple of times for ultimate frisbee, pretty neat hi-tech town.

Not so much:

Washington, DC ... kinda trashy and dangerous, very scary at night.
Birmingham, AL ... another dirty city, scary in pockets.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Tiki » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:22 pm

My favorite City is where I'm from The STP! Saint Paul, Minnesota. For my needs it fulfills everyone and then some!

I also really love Miami, Chicago, San Diego, Duluth, New Orleans, and Winnapeg (SP?). I haven't traveled all to much, btu I really wanna go all over the states. I've never been out the country besides Canada so I got some travelin' to do! ;-D B-)
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:52 pm

mikus wrote:Favs:

New Orleans, LA ... maybe a no-brainer for me, but home sweet home is a great place to eat, drink and be merry.
Baton Rouge, LA ... great college town, lots of fun, hot ladies.
New York City, NY ... love the Big Apple.
Los Angeles, CA ... my aunt lives out West so I get to visit often, great weather, love the beach and all the active people.
Austin, TX ... been a couple of times for ultimate frisbee, pretty neat hi-tech town.

Not so much:

Washington, DC ... kinda trashy and dangerous, very scary at night.
Birmingham, AL ... another dirty city, scary in pockets.

-I like DC a lot. I probably should have put it on my list.
-You play ultimate too? I didn't play much in high school but I threw a bunch and I'm starting to get into it in college playing for the club team and I'm loving it.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:01 am

Favorites:

Washington, DC - I'm biased because I live in the area, but there is so much to do for everyone; bike trails, monuments, museums, great food, etc. Still, everyone down here thinks that the Redskins are going to be incredible every year (at least every Redskins fan that I've met).

Barecelona, Spain - If you go to Spain, go to Barcelona. Madrid is a nice city, but it's extremely modern. Barcelona has a great mix of modern and historical attractions. There's one street with nothing but shopping on it that's really cool.

Toledo, Spain - One of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen.

Paris, France - There's so much to do, and the food is incredible. I didn't have any bad experiences.

Chicago, Ill. - Great food, there's a ton of places to shop, and it's just an overall fun city.

Boston, Mass. - There's just so much history there.

Least Favorites:

Philly - I really didn't see much of the city, but what I did see wasn't nice at all.

Bermuda - If you're under 21, the only things to do are jet ski and swim.

I really want to visit the west coast sometime, and I haven't been to New York yet.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:01 am

My favs:

Boise, Idaho
San Diego, California
Ely, Minnesota
Las Vegas, Nevada
St. Paul, Minnesota
Boston, Massachusetts

there are others... I'll post later maybe...

atog wrote:La Jolla, San Diego, California
-La Jolla is a nearby community and it's a really nice area with really nice weather near a really nice city.

I have been to San Diego 2 times. Both of those times there was a murder in La Jolla. One of those times I was only in San Diego for 1 night... low and behold, another murder in La Jolla. It's kinda nice to hear that it's not bad. Just a crazy coincidence I guess. :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Next

Return to General Talk