Need A Morale Boost at Work? Hire Someone with Tourettes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Need A Morale Boost at Work? Hire Someone with Tourettes

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Need A Morale Boost at Work? Hire Someone with Tourettes

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:15 pm

Madison wrote:
josebach wrote:
treat24 wrote:I think what they are say is that for many people swearing is cathartic. Most people can express themselves without cussing. It just doesn't give the same release.

True. Saying "darn it" or "shoot" just doesn't have the same effect as dropping an F-Bomb. On the other hand, using profanity is extremely unprofessional and has no business in the work place. (Assuming it's a white collar job which is what was described in the article)

Cussing is no different than physical violence. Ever want to punch someone in the face for being stupid? Who hasn't, right? Just how therapeutic would it be to punch your boss? Well we don't go around punching people no matter how much they might deserve it, we find other outlets. No difference here. "Having" to cuss is just dumb.

Cursing when you're frustrated or angry about something isn't even in the same ballpark as physical violence. It's not even on the same planet.
Madison wrote:"Having" to cuss is just dumb.

Nobody has to cuss, but it most definitely can be therapeutic. You're not saying you've never cussed before, are you?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:36 pm

josebach wrote:
Madison wrote:Cussing is no different than physical violence. Ever want to punch someone in the face for being stupid? Who hasn't, right? Just how therapeutic would it be to punch your boss? Well we don't go around punching people no matter how much they might deserve it, we find other outlets. No difference here. "Having" to cuss is just dumb.

Cursing when you're frustrated or angry about something isn't even in the same ballpark as physical violence. It's not even on the same planet.

If we're talking in the "therapeutic" sense it is. Needing to vent frustration is what each boils down to.

Not sure why you'd want to play a game with the "not even on the same planet" part, but what usually happens after yelling and cussing? Physical violence. No matter how you choose to look at it, it is on the same planet. I do stipulate that yelling and/or cussing isn't nearly as destructive, but they are much more closely related than you believe.

josebach wrote:
Madison wrote:"Having" to cuss is just dumb.

Nobody has to cuss, but it most definitely can be therapeutic. You're not saying you've never cussed before, are you?

Sure, I'm human like anyone else. Did cussing help or solve anything? Nah, just made me look like an idiot :-b . I can do that many other ways :-b , I don't need to a bunch of stupid cusses to the mix to achieve that goal.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:38 pm

5 wrote:btw, anyone see the recent South Park episode about Tourettes?

Sooo funny. :-b ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:59 pm

Madison wrote:
josebach wrote:Cursing when you're frustrated or angry about something isn't even in the same ballpark as physical violence. It's not even on the same planet.

If we're talking in the "therapeutic" sense it is. Needing to vent frustration is what each boils down to.

Not sure why you'd want to play a game with the "not even on the same planet" part, but what usually happens after yelling and cussing? Physical violence. No matter how you choose to look at it, it is on the same planet. I do stipulate that yelling and/or cussing isn't nearly as destructive, but they are much more closely related than you believe.

Physical violence usually happens after yelling and cussing? Are you a boxer or something? :-? :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:38 pm

josebach wrote:
Madison wrote:
josebach wrote:Cursing when you're frustrated or angry about something isn't even in the same ballpark as physical violence. It's not even on the same planet.

Physical violence usually happens after yelling and cussing? Are you a boxer or something? :-? :-b

Yeah, and I'm the one who started the facial tattoo craze. Tyson ain't got nothing on me. :^

:-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:54 pm

Madison wrote:
josebach wrote:Physical violence usually happens after yelling and cussing? Are you a boxer or something? :-? :-b

Yeah, and I'm the one who started the facial tattoo craze. Tyson ain't got nothing on me. :^

:-b

Well, if I ever meet you in person, I'm bringing my ear muffs.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby 5 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:56 pm

cursing leads to violence...what?

Madison would not like Dana White :-b
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moonhead » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:07 pm

i cuss like a sailor. some at work too. it makes for a bit of comradery with other sailors. we never want to fight each other. i don't know that i've been in a physical altercation since jr. high. which was about 15 years ago.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:20 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:

Oh no... It's Chris Haaaaanson! :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:27 pm

josebach wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

Oh no... It's Chris Haaaaanson! :-b

That was a great episode :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Previous

Return to General Talk