Survivor Week 7 - Can't pick New England - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Survivor Week 7 - Can't pick New England

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Survivor Week 7 - Can't pick New England

Postby RJ24VC15 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:30 pm

Washington if Warner is not playing for Arizona.

But how can you pick anyone but NE?
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:11 pm

This pool lets you pick any team you want, but as the # of participants dwindles down, the commissioner takes away the "no-brainer" picks to make sure that everyone doesn't pick the same team.
BALCO All-Stars
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ateam » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:17 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:This pool lets you pick any team you want, but as the # of participants dwindles down, the commissioner takes away the "no-brainer" picks to make sure that everyone doesn't pick the same team.

Sorry, but that's pretty lame.

In my true survivor pool (96 down to 27 folks now :-o ), I'm trying to decide between:

Skins (looks like Warner will play)
Giants
NO
Cincy

STILL not sure, but prob. leaning towards Skins at this point..
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:22 pm

ateam wrote:Sorry, but that's pretty lame

Why is that lame? What's lame is when there's only 5 or so left, each person picks the same team every week...that's lame. I usually do two types of survivor pools, one in which you can only use each team once and this one, and I like the fact that they're both different.

Oh...and thanks for the "lame" comments...you didn't even post a comment about the original post, you just came in, called my pool of 140 participants (down to 25) lame, and then asked for help on your situation...nice. :-t
BALCO All-Stars
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:07 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:

Why is that lame? What's lame is when there's only 5 or so left, each person picks the same team every week...that's lame. I usually do two types of survivor pools, one in which you can only use each team once and this one, and I like the fact that they're both different.

Oh...and thanks for the "lame" comments...you didn't even post a comment about the original post, you just came in, called my pool of 140 participants (down to 25) lame, and then asked for help on your situation...nice. :-t

I have to agree...

Coming in to someone else's thread with the sole intent of flaming the OP and hi-jacking the thread by posting your own situation is what is really lame here. I may be mistaken, but I don't think the OP asked for your opinion on the setup of his survivor pool and I don't think anyone asked who you were leaning towards picking in your survivor pool. :-t
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bowie » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:01 pm

I am worried that Warner might play for Arizona. I might pick the Giants instead of Washington.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SniperShot » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:50 pm

Blah, even if Warner plays how great will he be? Skins defense is ranked 3rd overall and Warner has fumbling and ball handling problems even with left elbow-tendons intact. Skins'll win by 14+ if he's out and 7 if he's in.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby ateam » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:51 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:

My comment was entirely about the original post. I told you which games I was leaning towards. Ended up going with NO.

You shouldn't have such thin skin. It is my opinion that a survivor pool where you can keep using the same teams over and over is entirely silly, and takes the whole concept out of it, it's only an opinion, I hope it doesn't ruin your weekend. ;-)

And to the "hijacking post" comment, please show me where I'm soliciting advice. Lighten up Francis.
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:05 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:Thanks for all of the input guys...I'm going with the Redskins...the prospect of that solid Redskins D (3rd in points against, 3rd in yds/game (5th passing, 7th rushing)) going against a 3rd string QB in Tim Rattay is too enticing...plus the Arizona defense gave up 25 points against a Vinny "I just picked up the playbook 4 days before Sunday" Testaverde led offense... ;-D

;-D

You know I had to say SOMETHING. Thing is though, Let's see with Brett Favre Donovan McNabb and Eli manning how many times have they been injured and tried to play through the last couple of seasons? Warner will play regardless of how his elbow is feeling, especially if his team has a chance to win and get in the running for the WCB. And that amazing play against Zona by Vinny and the Cats. It could have been worse...they dropped one or two INTs and a couple passes, one of which probably would have been a TD. Just be lucky Arizona only gave up 25 points...Could have been a lot worse.

I believe I'd use the Giants, but the only thing that makes me wonder about this matchup is the fact their at home and coming off a bye week. Should be interesting. Plus, it also hinges on is Smith ready? If Dilfer is out there, mr. immobility the Giants d is in for a big day and would be a perfect time to use them.

I'd also expect the niner offense to see less of the field with Jacobs and Company Inc keeping them off the field.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)

Postby Bowie » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:44 am

SniperShot wrote:Blah, even if Warner plays how great will he be? Skins defense is ranked 3rd overall and Warner has fumbling and ball handling problems even with left elbow-tendons intact. Skins'll win by 14+ if he's out and 7 if he's in.

Arizona has been a pretty good team this year, and I think they are a better team with Warner than with Lienart. Washington should still beat them, yes, but it is not a sure thing with Warner in the mix instead of Rattey. I think Warner's possible availability is good enough reason to take the Giants over a struggling 49ers team led by Trent Dilfer istead of Washington.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk