Think the 2K games are better than Madden? Good news... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Think the 2K games are better than Madden? Good news...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Think the 2K games are better than Madden? Good news...

Postby bklik » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:37 pm

All Pro 2K8 is on sale for 19.99 at Best Buy. I've always been a 2K fan and know of the bitter rivalry between fans of the two brands. Unfortunately, All-Pro 2K8 is anything but All-Pro, as there are no NFL teams or players.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... ies&ks=960
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Think the 2K games are better than Madden? Good news...

Postby activechamp2006 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:00 pm

bklik wrote:All Pro 2K8 is on sale for 19.99 at Best Buy. I've always been a 2K fan and know of the bitter rivalry between fans of the two brands. Unfortunately, All-Pro 2K8 is anything but All-Pro, as there are no NFL teams or players.

haha then what's the point of this game?
the game play? haha
activechamp2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Felix the Cat » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:51 pm

bklik wrote:All Pro 2K8 is on sale for 19.99 at Best Buy. I've always been a 2K fan and know of the bitter rivalry between fans of the two brands. Unfortunately, All-Pro 2K8 is anything but All-Pro, as there are no NFL teams or players.

Eh, you can tell who the teams are, they just can't use the actual names because ESPN has the exclusive license with the NFL.

If you want to see NFL 2k10 or whatever, call up the NFL's public relations people and voice your disappointment as a football fan and customer with EA's exclusive agreement. If enough people call, they may actually listen and realize that Madden is crap.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:37 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:

haha then what's the point of this game?
the game play? haha

Its basically like a HOF game, from my reading and understanding it has joe montana, barry sanders, reggie white, jerry rice, dan marino etc...All the all time greats, and you play with those guys on generic teams, and generic uniforms...personally not my cup of tea, even with all those all time greats on the game, doesnt sound like something I could play longer then 15 minutes before im taking it back :-t
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:56 pm

Felix the Cat wrote:

Eh, you can tell who the teams are, they just can't use the actual names because ESPN has the exclusive license with the NFL.

If you want to see NFL 2k10 or whatever, call up the NFL's public relations people and voice your disappointment as a football fan and customer with EA's exclusive agreement. If enough people call, they may actually listen and realize that Madden is crap.

I doubt the NFL cares if EA's Madden games are crap. EA gave the NFL millions of dollars and for a lot of people, a NFL video game and Madden is basically the same thing. All the angry phone calls in the world won't bother the NFL one bit as long as the money continues to flow in.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby activechamp2006 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:51 am

beanoX3 wrote:
Felix the Cat wrote:

I doubt the NFL cares if EA's Madden games are crap. EA gave the NFL millions of dollars and for a lot of people, a NFL video game and Madden is basically the same thing. All the angry phone calls in the world won't bother the NFL one bit as long as the money continues to flow in.

Amen.
activechamp2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Video Games