MNF upset with Kimmel; no longer welcome in Kornheiser's hou - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MNF upset with Kimmel; no longer welcome in Kornheiser's hou

Moderator: Football Moderators

MNF upset with Kimmel; no longer welcome in Kornheiser's hou

Postby 1crzydmnd » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:21 pm

Looks like Kimmel will no longer be a guest on the Tony Kornholio show (aka MNF).

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/17/sports/football/17kimmel.html?em&ex=1192766400&en=6ae8c23a5f8e07bc&ei=5087%0A
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: MNF upset with Kimmel; no longer welcome in Kornheiser's hou

Postby moonhead » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:30 pm

saw this yesterday. what is the deal with mnf? total piece of crap. why do they have to bring in these hacks during the game? they don't talk about what is going on in the game, force us to miss key points, and just all around suck.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:36 pm

Boo hoo. Theisman is a wanker. Don't invite someone who has "edgy" humor if you can't deal with it?

I do hate the prolonged attention these booth guests get.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:45 pm

You know as I was watching, Kimmel kept 1upping the vulgar annoying random crap with every sentence. He made at least 3 or 4 crude sexual remarks, about Brady impreganating two super models, other random sexual stuff when they asked him about something football related... Out of place and awkward for a football broadcast that's for sure.

Quick search for anyone who might have missed it Kimmel's Joe-T comment, notice everyone just basically ignores him after he says it, you can sense they are all like "*** did he just say?!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7O7GbSR6s

I'd be upset with him too if I was ESPN. Letterman and Leno have always been loads better in my opinion Kimmel usually goes a step beyond humor to where you go "What the heck" and want to punch the guy instead of laugh, at least this has always been my take on him.

Personally I could do away totally with these guests. Or at least get former football players in there instead of former basketball players, comedians, or other random people that have nothing to do with football.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:17 pm

Better, yet why not fire Kornheiser, Jaws, and the whole MNF crew? They are awful. Even when there isn't a guest, they generally don't focus on the game. They start talking about random public crap. The commentary is the main reason I can't stand MNF. :-t :-t
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:22 pm

i watch MNF games on mute....you should try it ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:30 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:i watch MNF games on mute....you should try it ;-D

I usually do, but it just annoys me that I actually have to mute my TV while watching the game. I did the same thing all last year when ESPN hosted Sunday Night Football. I would rather listen to Chris Berman make "WHOOP" noises for 3 straight hours then listen to the crap they talk about on MNF. Thank god I don't have to watch ESPN to get good highlights. NFL Network beats the living hell out of ESPN's football "expert analysis" any day of the week.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:59 pm

I thought Kimmel was pretty funny but I normally enjoy his humor.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:09 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:Better, yet why not fire Kornheiser, Jaws, and the whole MNF crew? They are awful. Even when there isn't a guest, they generally don't focus on the game. They start talking about random public crap. The commentary is the main reason I can't stand MNF. :-t :-t

While Ron Jaworski does annoy me some with his non-football banter, I do like his football analysis. Maybe I'm just looking for something to like, because I can't stand Kornheiser at all.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:35 pm

Yea you really cant hide it, MNF is crap, the games are crap and usually NEVER amount to the sunday night games, and It gets annoying when they get so far offtrack from the actual game and get to random nonsense...If it werent for fantasy football interest I wouldnt be nearly as interested in those games
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer