MNF upset with Kimmel; no longer welcome in Kornheiser's hou - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MNF upset with Kimmel; no longer welcome in Kornheiser's hou

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: MNF upset with Kimmel; no longer welcome in Kornheiser's hou

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:31 pm

Funny how so many of us used to complain for days about how blah the crew of Michaels/Gifford/Dierdorf used to be. At this point, I'd take that trio in a heartbeat over any of the more recent crews.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:57 pm

bring back dennis miller...
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wbgrafix » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:10 pm

It sucks because I actually like Kornheiser, minus the football gig. I think he is horrible on Monday Night Football and was hoping he wouldn't want to come back because he kept complaining about the travel last year. I like Jaws. I didn't mind Theismann too much, but I am glad Jaws is there. Tirico is too "corporate" and would never do anything that goes against the "ESPN" way of thinking.

As for Kimmel, I never thought he was funny. He has to go to the extremes to get laughs and it doesn't make him look good. Same goes for his girlfriend Sarah Silverman. I think she is horrible.

Face it. ESPN took what could have been a good thing and totally destroyed it. It will get even worse.
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:26 pm

Just axe the whole crew. I got rid of cable television but watched some thursday night. I was provided with "key insights" such as Carr gives Carolina the better chance to win etc... I am much happier watching monday night football on my cpu and chatting in the cafe then being forced to listen those dips****.

Mod Edit Language
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:40 pm

cooleyhigh wrote:Just axe the whole crew. I got rid of cable television but watched some thursday night. I was provided with "key insights" such as Carr gives Carolina the better chance to win etc... I am much happier watching monday night football on my cpu and chatting in the cafe then being forced to listen those dip******.

Watch the language ;-)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:21 pm

Man the wrong forum, already a thread on this, language police have stepped up there game in my 1 year absence ;-D

Where are all the people that debated football?
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:58 pm

cooleyhigh wrote:Man the wrong forum, already a thread on this, language police have stepped up there game in my 1 year absence ;-D

Where are all the people that debated football?

Debate football all you want. Just abide by the rules that the Cafe sets out. not that hard. 95% of the members manage to make it work. ;-D

Back to the topic on hand, MNF sucks. Bring back ABC. :-b

But I guess there's no debate there, huh.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kaiser » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:03 am

This from the NY Times sums up how I feel...

"Theismann was more amused than annoyed by Kimmel’s comments, some of which he heard while watching TV at home. But he missed others while watching “CSI: Miami” on CBS, a new favorite since becoming a “free agent with nowhere to go.”

“I don’t have an opinion about what people say, but it’s nice to know you’re missed,” he said yesterday in a telephone interview. “It’s interesting that people remember me.”

He said, without rancor, that he is not fully engaged in “Monday Night” because “it has become Tony Kornheiser’s show,” more about issues than football."

Ther's just too much discussion of non-football stuff. Kornheiser is the most guilty party, but I'd like to see all three of them replaced by people like Al Michaels, or,my favorite choice, BOB COSTAS.
Thanks to madaslives911 for my Flutie sig!
kaiser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:06 am

I loved the network dig he took by endorsing CSI: Miami. ;-D :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Oatsdad » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:57 am

I've been a Kornheiser fan for decades, but I have no opinion on his MNF work. I don't have cable so I've not seen any of his games.

But I'd love it if they dropped him so he could come back to DC and go back to his radio show full-time! That's what he does best... ;-D
Oatsdad
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk