PBC Week 7: Indy @ Jax - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

PBC Week 7: Indy @ Jax

Moderator: Football Moderators

PBC Week 7: Indy @ Jax

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:45 pm

Colts/Jags is usually pretty good, lookin forward to Monday night. I'll be cheering for my Colts!
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: PBC Week 7: Indy @ Jax

Postby GoFaulkYourself » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:59 pm

I'll be cheering for the jags, I hate the Colts.
Boston sports fan
My First Sig XD
GoFaulkYourself
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jack » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:38 pm

I'll just kind of sit back and smile. Yeah, it's like that. Challenge accepted.
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:59 pm

GoFaulkYourself wrote:I'll be cheering for the jags, I hate the Colts.

What's there to hate about the Colts? Besides winning with class?

Count me in! ;-D

Marlin Jackson says "Bring it!!!"

GO COLTS!
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jack » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:46 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:What's there to hate about the Colts? Besides winning with class?

1. They have small-ish defensive players. Uninspiring.

2. The way they play football. It's for the "passing-game sissies"--a term coined by Jaguars.com's Vic Ketchman. It's not ineffective, but (a) I didn't much like it when the Jaguars came close to it back at the turn of the century, and (b) it doesn't fly come playoff-time unless it's bailed-out by an effective defense. Which leads me to...

3. The popular renown ("vindication", even...bah!) their offense gets--when their defense was the unit that stepped up to prevent another one-and-done postseason. Maybe I shouldn't be so tough on Manning, Harrison, and the offense...I mean, it's hard to pass, catch, and run with both hands around your own neck like that. But every time I hear Manning referred to as a "Super Bowl-winning" quarterback in any sense other than a technical one, I shake my head.

That, and you guys play in our division. HATE.
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:07 pm

Jack wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:What's there to hate about the Colts? Besides winning with class?

1. They have small-ish defensive players. Uninspiring.

2. The way they play football. It's for the "passing-game sissies"--a term coined by Jaguars.com's Vic Ketchman. It's not ineffective, but (a) I didn't much like it when the Jaguars came close to it back at the turn of the century, and (b) it doesn't fly come playoff-time unless it's bailed-out by an effective defense. Which leads me to...

3. The popular renown ("vindication", even...bah!) their offense gets--when their defense was the unit that stepped up to prevent another one-and-done postseason. Maybe I shouldn't be so tough on Manning, Harrison, and the offense...I mean, it's hard to pass, catch, and run with both hands around your own neck like that. But every time I hear Manning referred to as a "Super Bowl-winning" quarterback in any sense other than a technical one, I shake my head.

That, and you guys play in our division. HATE.

While it's true that the Defense stepped up, you don't come back from 21 down to the Patriots in the AFC championship without Manning and that offense. Besides, you hate them because they have small defensive players? LOL The only good reason to dislike the colts IMO is your last one, being in the same division. Besides, I posed that question to the Pats fan anyway. B-)

BTW - I'd hardly call the Colts a sissy passing team this year....662 yards rushing and 7 TDs between Addai and Keith in only 5 games
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:28 pm

Is that accepting the challenge or just spreading hate?
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GoFaulkYourself » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:52 pm

scottaa1 wrote:

Is that accepting the challenge or just spreading hate?

lol idk. How about both? And as to why I hate the colts: I hate Peyton Manning.
Boston sports fan
My First Sig XD
GoFaulkYourself
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:22 pm

GoFaulk I'm sorry you feel that way. As a long time Indianapolis resident, I'm proud of the participation Manning has had in the community. Not only is he a great QB but a great humanitarian and philanthropist. Note the Peyback Foundation. And I believe the local children's hospital was just renamed in his honor for donations. And his wife Ashley also is active in community and women's health advocacy activities. Frankly I find it hard to believe how you can hate a guy who is such an incredible example of how to play the game, give back to the community, and do so much advertising.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Jack » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:29 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:While it's true that the Defense stepped up, you don't come back from 21 down to the Patriots in the AFC championship without Manning and that offense.

Don't forget stomach flu-induced fatigue.

PMoneyTKE wrote:Besides, you hate them because they have small defensive players?

Eh...that's probably not so much a "hate" thing, really. I was thinking more along the lines of "traits I couldn't appreciate even if my own favorite team had them"--like the passing-game thing.

PMoneyTKE wrote:BTW - I'd hardly call the Colts a sissy passing team this year....662 yards rushing and 7 TDs between Addai and Keith in only 5 games

I still characterize them as pass-first, meaning they pass (or are threats to pass) to set up the run. Again, probably more of a "traits I couldn't appreciate even if my own favorite team had them" thing.
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting