my league members are idiots...what should i do here? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

my league members are idiots...what should i do here?

Moderator: Football Moderators

my league members are idiots...what should i do here?

Postby kljsoccer18 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:41 pm

ok so team A proposed a trade to team B and team B accepted:
This is a money league so stakes are higher than a play for fun league

team A gets:
Braylon Edwards

team B gets:
Adrian Peterson (MIN)
Santonio Holmes

team A drops:
Tampa Bay defense

Now, team A posted a message on the message board that read:
"i wanted to pick holmes and reggie brwon, not adrian peterson, come on , if this trade goes through tahts total bs"

team B claims it was proposed to him so it should go through, but team A obviously wants this trade back
I'm wondering how team A accidentally clicked Adrian Peterson instead of Reggie Brown, but he claims that's what happened
There have already been grumblings from some other teams in the league, but one of my friends in the league said it should go through
I'm also running this league by a strict "if it's not collusion then the trade goes through" rule
Should this trade go through or should I use the ol' commish veto power on it?
kljsoccer18
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: my league members are idiots...what should i do here?

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:28 pm

There may not be a black and white solution to this problem.

Regardless of the fact it is a money league, if this is a long-time league that is made up of friends, you need to settle this in a way that doesn't end up blowing your league apart, let alone ruining friendships.

I have to admit that the trade seems a little ridiculous unless Team A is loaded at RB. Even then it may not make sense. However, Edwards is performing at a pretty high level right now. Who knows.

Make every attempt you can to get Team A and Team B to resolve this between themselves. If they do, Team B might be a little bitter, but should not really complain as it was too good to be true anyway. If you must get involved, you probably have no option but to let the trade go through. It is not as ridiculous as trading Martin Gramattica for Tom Brady and there is no evidence of collusion.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:04 pm

Look at the time the trade was submitted and the time the post was made. If he realized his mistake and posted, then I would say you would give him this ONE mulligan. But if he posted that later because other people started telling him how stupid he was, then that's his own fault. Depending on what site you use, most of them require that you confirm the trade several times before it is actually submitted, so I have a hard time believing the number of times 'accidents' occur.

Still, I've sometimes tried to muddle through setting a lineup or something in the middle of the week on my blackberry which is nearly impossible and I'm sometimes never quite sure what I did. But I always check before gametime on a real computer.

If this is the first problem you've had like this, I would be inclined to give him a do-over this one time...but make it clear to the entire league that this one incident is a last warning to EVERYONE. Double-check your trade proposals because you are not going to make a habit of reversing these trades. The "well, you did it for him" excuse is not going to fly in the future.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Goody » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:01 pm

Tough call, but I say the trade should go through. I just don't see how someone could click on Adrian Peterson instead of Reggie Brown and then click through all of the confirmation screens without realizing the error. Even if the error was made, he could have canceled it before the other owner accepted. I don't know about you guys, but I always review my trade proposals after proposing them. He had many opportunities to catch his error, so this seems fishy.

Holmes/Brown for Braylon is a terrible offer anyways.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aqua » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:09 pm

The way I handle mistakes when they affect other people in trades like this is to not veto the trade but talk to both of them and make them resolve it themselves. I encourage them to trade back with each other but I do not veto this. There is no real way to win this situation so I put the onus on the people who made the mistake. This is a money league so you need to make sure the people are accountable for their actions and you can't set a precedent for yourself intervening in these sort of mistakes.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Commissioner's Corner